I think I may return my brown leather loop band...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by lewisd25, May 11, 2015.

1. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

I've been wearing the black classic buckle since 4/24, and I just received my brown leather loop band last week along with my SS link, black sport band, and Milanese loop. Although it has only been a few days, I am not very impressed with the leather loop. It looks amazing, however it doesn't feel that way on my wrist.

First, let me be clear, there is no fundamental issue with the band's functioning. The magnet is super strong, and isn't prone to sliding like on the Milanese loop. My biggest issue is that it feels like plastic, and lacks the softness that I expect from a leather band. Secondly, as others have pointed out, there is a clickiness to the band as the magnets of the looped part of the band are pressed together. This is annoying, and feels like the haptic feedback that is felt when there is a notification. Lastly, I hate the bulge that is created by the band being looped around. This bulge may subside over time, but it is an issue for me.

I plan to wear it some more for a few days, but I just don't feel like this band is worth $150.

2. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I will buy it from you if you decide you don't like it.

3. Qrispy macrumors regular

Qrispy

The $150 bands are going for $300+ on craigslist and ebay. You'd be a fool to just return it.

4. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

I'm on my 5th day of wearing my black leather loop. It's on all the time other than when I shower and sleep.

It is very, very comfortable and feels luxurious. I have no clicking whatsoever. The bulge will never subside, but it feels absolutely fine to me. I wear it loose some times and at other times I wear it tight. It's great either way.

I'm going to order at least one more in a different color just for variety. I'll keep my original Milanese, but will likely never wear it again.