I think i messed up...2.0.1 upgrade!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 504A!, Aug 15, 2008.

1. 504A! macrumors member

504A!

I recieved my cousin's 1.1.4 iphone cuz he got the 3g, he stated he activ., jailbrk and unlocked using Iliberty so that i could use my Gophone sim for the web. So when i got it, i just popped my sim in and it worked fine. The problem is i left my phone connected to Itunes after i loaded some songs and vids,and went to the mall. While gone, my girlfriend saw that my phone was on and saw the update option on Itunes and pressed it. I get a call(i also have an instinct:mad:) about an hour later saying she think she messed my phone up. So when i get home, i see a screen saying set up a new iphone account. What do i do? Do I try unlocking it thru Iliberty, or what? The iphone screen shows icons saying connect to Itunes. Help plz!!

2. 504A! thread starter macrumors member

504A!

Tried this already!

It's already 2.0.1, the iphone is not showing anything but connect to Itunes, and when i connect, it tries to get me to activate thru Itunes, as if it is a new Iphone, i don't want a contract, so basically i'm stuck right?

3. Erwan macrumors member

No. Follow the steps in the link above to update. It involves restoring to a custom made firmware by winpwn or pwnage. Doesn't matter what version is on there now.

4. KUKitch macrumors 6502

KUKitch

Quick question in line with this topic, and something that I've thought would work, but didn't think to try when I got my refurb a while back. When I pulled it outta the box could I have put it in recovery or DFU and then restored and unlocked to get around the activation process? I figure that it would work but didn't ever get the chance to try it.

5. 504A! thread starter macrumors member

504A!

Going crazy

I've done exactly as the guide states, and i keep getting a error 6 message(The Iphone "iphone could not restore for unknown reason, error 6) Any help would b greatly appreciated as i have been trying for hours now!!:eek:

6. 504A! thread starter macrumors member

504A!

Thanx

I figured it out was in recovery mode and not DFU:D:D:D

7. Erwan macrumors member

:cool:

8. 504A! thread starter macrumors member

504A!