iPad I think I must say some good thing about Apple

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nanasaki, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Nanasaki macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

My mother dropped my iPad mini from car and the screen for shuttered. Went to Apple store, they said the physical damage is not covered under the warranty. So I went to local PC store, grabbed a screen protector for the iPad mini. The crack is not so noticeable with the anti-glare screen protector, so I am just using my iPad mini as it is. Two montes later, the volume down key is not working properly. I need press very hard for it to respond... I had a day off today from work, so I went to Apple store today. The Apple Store employee took a look and conformed the problem. Without second question, they agreed to replace my iPad mini entirely even with the cracked screen.

I know it is a refurbished one, but given the screen, battery and back cover are all new, it is almost like a new one.

People often asking me: Why you buy Apple product. Here is the answer for them: Apple product not necessary better than competitor or offer better experience. iOS 7 certainly is less usable than Android in some key areas, but none of Apple's competitor offering kind of customer service that Apple is offering. Claiming warranty is such a easy thing with Apple's product and the experience is so fantastic.

Buying Apple product is buying the experience and good experience. You know you get covered when you facing problems and Apple is able to turn negative to positive experience is incredible.

I am not Apple fanboy or something else, in fact, I said many negative stuff about iOS 7... However, Apple deserve a good response from one it its million users. I wish Apple can keep this tradition.

2. farkingdom macrumors member

This is a total opposite experience of what I had in my country Malaysia.

I had my iPhone 4S's warranty expired months ago and the home button became non-responsive. Since there are no official brick and mortar Apple Store in my country, I had to bring my phone to an "Apple Authorized Dealer". Who does not do any repair but does a 1-to-1 exchange provided you pay around 300USD+ (which is insane). Cause I had nowhere else to repair the button, I took my phone to a local phone shop for repair, and the person messed up my phone during disassembly. I called Apple Support who does not seem helpful at all, and provided me addresses back to those "Authorized Dealer".

During product launch, these "Authorized Dealer" usually try to rip customers off by asking them to purchase additional screen protector or a casing in order to buy an Apple product.

So, Apple's presence is notably missing in my country and shows how they treat customers differently based on region. You guys at the States or European country should be glad.

3. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

I am sorry to hear that. Malaysia probably is one of small market for Apple, so it might not be the interest for Apple to set up Apple Store in your region. Bit wherever there is Apple Store, the experience would be totally awesome

4. rajpatel macrumors regular

Of course apple is far better product. A year ago, I had no apple stuff, just a crappy bottom of line hp laptop and a ten yr old sony boombox, a samsung flip phone

Now I have a Rmini, ipad 4, iPhone, and a shuffle

The products are vastly superior to other companies. They're elegant, graceful, attractive, and very simple. They have awesome resale value. You can use these things as currency down at the pawn shop. I have......tons of times.

Example......bought an iPhone 5 at SAMs club in October for eighty bucks. Was in a financial pinch in nov and pawned it for a week for seventy bucks.

Tell me one other product where the pawn shop will loan u close to 100 percent what u paid for it

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

They refused to fix a broken screen which is their policy, then replaced the unit when some other under warranty issue surfaced. Sounds normal.

I guess the praise is that they did not blame the drop for volume issue and force you to pay for an OOW service replacement?

6. Nanasaki thread starter macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

I don not know if the broken volume key is direct result of drop, but the volume key problem surfaced two months later. I think the genius feel broken volume key is not directly relates with the drop and decide to issue a replacement for me. Anyway, it was a awesome experience,

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I would just like to focus on this part of your post. In the US I would never expect Apple to swap out your phone for a problem caused by an unauthorized phone repair shop that messed up taking your iPhone apart. I've had my screen replaced by places like that here and if they messed up my phone I would use that as a reflection of Apple's customer service.

Now to be fair, in the US there are a lot of examples of Apple taking care of problems just after the warranty expired, but its not up toe Apple to try fix what some random person messed up.

I do agree that dealing directly with Apple is a lot better than authorized resellers.

8. GoingDark macrumors 6502

I've had mixed but mostly positive interactions with Apple at the retail level. I find it totally depends on the "genius" you get. Almost every time I've had someone who was knowledgeable, sympathetic and worked hard to keep me as a customer. One time, I got the associate from hell, who provided one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had with any company.

For the most part I'm happy that Apple has a retail presence at all. I've never heard of Best Buy or other resellers treating their customers as well as Apple does.

If I lived in a country that didn't have an Apple store, it would factor heavily in my purchasing decisions and I would probably have ended up with products from a different manufacturer, given the expense and lack of repairability of most Apple devices.

9. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

Lol it's worth way more than $70. I guess u don't understand what a subsidy is