I think I type faster than the CAPS lock key can switch on...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chkenwing, Apr 15, 2010.

1. chkenwing macrumors regular

I'm not sure whether it's just me totally not used to the keyboard being chiclet etc. But I think I'm typing faster than the caps lock key can come on.

Does anyone else get this problem? oR IS IT JUST ME?

--------------------------^^

That's an example.

2. belvdr macrumors 603

Why are you hitting caps lock when you type? I only use caps lock a few times a year at best.

3. chkenwing thread starter macrumors regular

It's how I type.

I find typing more streamlined and seamless when I'm typing with the caps lock rather than holding down the shift key to capitalise letters.

4. kolax macrumors G3

Just press shift. Your left pinky should be hovering over the shift and caps lock keys anyway. No effort to have to capitalise a letter.

5. belvdr macrumors 603

So, hitting caps lock twice instead of holding a key is seamless? To each his own, I guess, but I have no solution for you. I've never heard of anyone typing like that.

6. chkenwing thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I'm aware that this is alternate option but considering I've been typing with the caps lock to capitalise letters switching over is going to take a while to get used to.

But I was wondering if this little niggle with the caps lock is normal.

7. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

8. kolax macrumors G3

It doesn't come on instantly for me all the time. There is a slight delay - probably to prevent you accidently pressing it.. who knows.

Learn to type using shift. If it takes time to adjust, so be it. It'll benefit you in the long term..

9. chkenwing thread starter macrumors regular

It keeps my fingers on it's......toes?

Like I said, holding the shift key for me is like a small pause thus slowing down my typing speed (either that or I'm just not used to it). But for me using the caps lock (even though it's an extra key press) it just seems more seamless.

10. LoganT macrumors 68020

Well, on the external Apple keyboards the caps lock key is spring loaded. That's a design choice, because people were accidentally hitting the caps lock key. You can test it for yourself, quickly hit the caps lock key (very quickly) and it won't turn on.

11. chkenwing thread starter macrumors regular

Hahaha well guess I'm going to have to change.

Not only is my new MBP is changing my work environment, it's changing my typing style! :p

12. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

It's understandable. You're comfortable with what you used to, but in reality you should consider at least trying it out in your spare time. We can't picture your typing method as seamless at all, and since this is an Apple forum, we use and live by the most seamless products in the world.

I tried replicating it, but seems like it's instant on/off for me. I used applescript and keystroke.

Ha! That's bloody awesome. You must be hitting the Caps key pretty dam fast lol OP.