I think I'll be alone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by applegeek01, Mar 10, 2015.

1. applegeek01 macrumors 6502

So there are obviously a good number of people who are planning on purchasing an :apple:Watch. My question is: does anyone have a friend or someone else to connect with on the watch?

Sure, the new interactions with sketch, tap, and sharing your heartbeat are awesome, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm sure no one in my contacts is going to have an :apple:Watch

This isn't a feature that I was dying to use when I get my watch, but being able to do it would be cool. I guess I will just have to wait until the watch becomes more popular and affordable and more people invest in it. Until that time, I think I'll be by myself with no way to use the new ways to communicate.

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I don't care that people in my circle get the Watch or not. I'll buy it just for fitness aspect of it, and notifications. I'm not even that interested in apps.. though that may change.

3. odds macrumors 6502

One of my friends wants one, my mom wants one (she wants to get an iPhone too as she only has a 'dumb' phone at the moment), and I'll bet I'll spot some Apple Watches on campus a month or so after release! I'm stoked.

4. applegeek01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, like I said. It's not that big of a deal to me. I'll use it for my marathon training and while at work. I'm sure some apps will come in handy, but none of them really excite me just yet either

----------

I think your mum might need a good many lessons if she is upgrading to an iPhone and watch pairing. Unless she is technically savvy already that is

5. mattopotamus, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015

mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I'm probably the only person I know who will have one at launch. Even so, a GF is the only person I could see ever sending picture messages to.

6. slvrscoobie macrumors 6502a

slvrscoobie

Im getting it as for the notifications (similar to my pebble, but will you know work) and reply functions! Siri is a bonus. And being able to adjust music playing on iphone will be nice. I can only sometimes do it on my pebble, when it decides to work.

7. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I will probably end up getting one for my wife also, but other than that I doubt I will know anyone with one.

8. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I thought I would be the only one in the house but when I told my husband it will be able to tell your phone to make noise so you can find it he was suddenly interested in one. He thought I was crazy with the first iPhone but it took him a short time to come around. Now as a realtor he cannot live without it.

Oh, and I really doubt the battery issue is going to stop a lot of people. We already plug in the phone every night, it is not hard to remember to plug in the watch. I will be looking for a more central charging station for everything now.

9. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I'll be the only one buying one out of all the people I know

10. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Certainly going to be limited uses for sharing my heartbeat or drawing cutesy pictures. I'm not sending that stuff to a dude, and I can't imagine many women buying the Watch for use outside of exercising (or at all).

11. odds macrumors 6502

She's had the iPad 2 and now she has the iPad Air 2. She's pretty good with iOS and I'm sure she'll be able to pick up iOS on the phone and Watch OS on the Watch fairly quickly. Good point though. I'll teach her. :)

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I had a thread on this topic before:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1852122

As for me, I think my partner might be coming around. He watched the keynote to see the new MacBook, and then kept watching and saw the watch. Then he was asking about the price and color/band options. We'll see what happens!

13. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I don't think it's meant to be an important feature. But just to increase the network effects. If you're dating someone with one, it becomes very compelling just for the communication features. Money becomes such a smaller concern when people are in that mindset.