Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
I've used my iPad every day since I got it and see no end of use in sight. I barely use any other computers right now and I love my iPad so much now, I don't know if I can go a day without using it...even if it's just for 5 minutes. Also, I've talked 2 other people into getting one and they also love theirs as much as I love mine. I'm wondering if anyone else has used their iPad everyday since they've purchased it.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I KNOW that I'm addicted to mine. I've traded in both of my portable gaming systems along with all of the games. I rarely use my netbook and my iMac sees less action as well :p

miamijim

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2010
My name is Jim and I am an addict..

It has been 1 hour since I last used and my fingers are getting itchy and the sweats are starting..

Off to use Air Video on the sofa to watch Justified....

:)

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
One of my friends pointed out that he hasn't seen me without it since I got it...:eek:

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I said I'd never buy an iPad cause I didn't have a use for it.

Well, I bought one anyway and its damn amazing and I cant go a day without it either. I LOVE my iPad :D

elbows

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2005
Assuming you switch off computers, tvs etc that you are not using, the ipad is going to make a lot of difference to your personal electricity use!

This is good timing, as there are a number of places in the world where reliable 24/7 cheap electricity is going to stop being the norm in the next 2-10 years.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I'm not addicted, but i do find it funny that everyone around me expects it to be with me and all expect to be able to use it! lol!

I'm laptop-less this week because of a repair, so its been interesting to see what I ran into issue wise. Of course its been a week of email attachments.....

But I do love it!

imacdaddy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
I KNOW that I'm addicted to mine. I've traded in both of my portable gaming systems along with all of the games. I rarely use my netbook and my iMac sees less action as well :p

Yes you are and placing orders in my kingdom. ;)

I'm addicted too! The iPad is so much more convenient and I absolute love the instant on. My MSI Wind hasn't powered on since Easter and it use to be my around the house computer. I hate the battery life on the Wind and I find the screen size bad for browsing the net.

One other thing my iPad has allowed me to do is quickly comment/annotate and work on docs/PDF while I commute 45 mins by train for work. By the time I get to work, the ball is already on someone's court and I get to work on my own things. I don't ever bring my 15" Thinkpad home from work and the netbook never leaves the house cos it's too big to carry along with my camera. (I do street photography as a hobby so I never leave home without my camera). The iPad is thin and light enough to share space with my camera in my camera bag. :)

AND I love using my iPhone flashlight app on the iPad. It's a great portable light box! I can view my B&W negatives / slides properly after picking them up from the lab! Such a multi functional device this is! I love it!

elbows

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2005
Im so happy the iPad appears to be a hit, Ive wanted tablets to succeed for about 7 years but until the iPad there was not much sign of this happening.

I wonder how long before the question 'what will you use it for' fades away from our societies? Although the iphone was a hit from day 1 it still took a while to go completely mainstream.

synagence

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
I know i'm addicted to it now ...

I spend 5 days a week in a hotel in the evenings and it makes a perfect device for catching up on news (Early Edition), then surfing, gaming and media ... needs all met...

I used to spend the night on lappy but since having iPad i've not took it out of my bag once...

miamijim

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2010
Last Friday, I combined my 2 addictions and made some coke lines on my iPad (with MacRumors on). The product was glowing white. Nice.

Careful with the charlie it could eat at the oleo phobic screen coating, lost a Sony flip phone Z5 to coke ruination. :)

dgree03

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
I thought I was addicted to mine... but it soon wore off... its a pretty device... but I have my large EVO screen now.. my proverbal "Android Tablet" it looks like ill be getting rid of my Ipad.. it was nice know you.

GamecockMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2005
Columbia, SC
I thought I was addicted to mine... but it soon wore off... its a pretty device... but I have my large EVO screen now.. my proverbal "Android Tablet" it looks like ill be getting rid of my Ipad.. it was nice know you.

Yeah, because 4.3 inches is so much better than 9 inches. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your eye strain while reading books and watching movies.

dgree03

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, because 4.3 inches is so much better than 9 inches. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your eye strain while reading books and watching movies.

More portable than a ipad.. with a larger screen than MOST phones. And with more function as a "mobile desktop" than a Ipad...

So yea I will enjoy it... actually watching movies on the phone is a joy! I dont read..

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
LADYHONEYBABE, you ain't alone

My poor BMB, getting only 20% of the use, and my iPad is carried all over the property.( My Herb shed is on one side of my 2 acres, and the pool on the other, with the house in between) I even got her BrightHouse,(RoadRunner) Lightning Internet Service, so she could connect fast(er), all over the 2 acres.I went to Small Dog Computers, and got a sweet set of Chill Pill speakers, so I could hear her melodious notes poolside.
She has taught me "thin is in", and "light is right".:eek:
When Mr Jobs introduces "multitasking" in the first software update, I will have it all;)
Yes, at 62, I too am totally, head over heels, unabashedly, in love and addicted;):D:cool:

GamecockMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2005
Columbia, SC
More portable than a ipad.. with a larger screen than MOST phones. And with more function as a "mobile desktop" than a Ipad...

So yea I will enjoy it... actually watching movies on the phone is a joy! I dont read..

Why am I not surprised by that last statement?

And enjoy your 4 inch "mobile desktop", I'm sure you'll get a lot of word processing, spreadsheet generation, and presentation production out of your shiny new Droid phone. :rolleyes:

dgree03

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Why am I not surprised by that last statement?

And enjoy your 4 inch "mobile desktop", I'm sure you'll get a lot of word processing, spreadsheet generation, and presentation production out of your shiny new Droid phone. :rolleyes:

You shouldnt be, I dont read, not casually. I read textbooks and tech mags that about it.

I have my laptop for word processing. Still has more function in 4.3in than my Ipad at 9.7... :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.