I think I'm addicted to these forums

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacMandy, Apr 29, 2010.

1. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

Hi everyone. I started following the "Waiting for Arrandale" thread before Christmas, and once I had the funds for a new macbook pro to replace my 2006 15", I started reading more and more. If the thread slowed down, I would read other threads that interested me to satisfy my cravings.

In the weeks leading up to the final (well overdue) updates, it was a frenzy! I can only really compare it to a soap (Eastenders, Neighbours etc) addiction.

So now I have my new Base 13" MBP and I'm loving it, so why am I still here? I can't seem to break away, get a life, like other posters say they will do once they have their new kit. I needed to know the benchmarks for the new 320M GPU, determine my panel details, find out which hard shell was the nicest colour etc. I now have a lovely purple Speck Satin shell, and a purple Knomo case.

I think I need help. I've tried chocolate, wine, and going for long walks (not all at the same time!), but nothing seems to help. Now I'm starting my own very sad tongue-in-cheek thread. Where will it all end up? :eek:

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Meetings are Tuesdays and Fridays from 9 to 10PM. Fresh coffee!

3. shadowness macrumors regular

Lol !!!

ROFLMAO!!!

I second that! i know the feeling.... (new MAC user)
    look at me, refreshing this forum every 5 mins, checking for new threads, replying, checking responses. rinse and repeat!

if nothing else is new check other mac forums, nothing there? then macforums other mac sections and check tips and recommended apps etc. or ipad and accessories forum!

and on a second plane search thru apple KB articles and dig deeper!!!

GOD! i dunno what i am gonna do for another 2 weeks till my MBP 15" comes here!!!

4. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I've been around for six years now, posting 5-6 posts a week.
    I honestly like to check in a few times a week, a bit more when some new hardware is released, it's not like it too time consuming.

A cup of coffee after dinner and reading a bit on MR and a few news papers, it's a part of my routine :D

5. shadowness macrumors regular

LOL! another AA?? (Apple Anonymous???)

pardon the pun guys!

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have no idea what you mean but being addicted to any forum. Weird!

7. MacMandy thread starter macrumors 6502

MacMandy

Off to the pub!

Right, I'm off to meet a friend for lunch in a bit. It's noon here in the UK. I am leaving my MBP here! :p

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ Right then, on you go.
    Maybe you need a twitter feed for while you're away.

9. MacMandy thread starter macrumors 6502

MacMandy

Don't tempt me! :eek:

10. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

I think I need help. I've tried chocolate, wine, and going for long walks (not all at the same time!), but nothing seems to help. Now I'm starting my own very sad tongue-in-cheek thread. Where will it all end up? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Get a significant other

11. MacMandy thread starter macrumors 6502

MacMandy

Get a significant other[/QUOTE]

:eek:

I have one of those, and three children - cheeky pig! ;)

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Get a significant other[/QUOTE]
    Hey hey, don't mock long walks with wine. I've done it before and I'm quite the fan. Though I look stupid walking alone with a bottle and a glass filled with wine.
    :eek:

I have one of those, and three children - cheeky pig! ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL really, I did. But really, don't let these forums run your life. One could think that I spend all day and all night here, which it does appear that way. My posts are erratic because it's how I escape work. A post takes less than a minute for me (more often than not) and it's a nice way for me to breathe. However, I don't think I'd let this get in the way of actually going outside and doing things if I could.

13. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

So do I

Every time when I buy a new Mac, I MUST look around all the user experiences with their new toy etc... :D

This forums ROCKS like MAC :D

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You think you're addicted? MR forums is my homepage! Oh did I mention I never close the window.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I thought they were Mondays and Thursdays from 8 to 9 PM.:confused:

16. johnhw macrumors 6502

Almost a year here, and my level addicted-ness is LOW.

I really need to catch up.

17. macinside macrumors member

18. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Same here! I've been checking in here only two or three times a day, and I haven't gained a pound, as I don't eat or drink at the keyboard. What's the big deal?

19. MacMandy thread starter macrumors 6502

MacMandy

Ok. It's me again. My thread has been moved to the community forum, which is quite right. I only ever looked in the macbook pro forum, and now my reading circle has broadened. I do hope that the original post was received in the way it was intended - tongue-in-cheek. It's just amazed me how these forums have crept into my routine over the last few months.

Now, I did say I was meeting a friend for lunch in the pub, so would be having a break from my new macbook pro - another addiction! However, five minutes before I was due to leave, she texted me to ask me to bring my mac along :confused:

I posted a pic of my new Speck SeeThru Satin case on Facebook, and as a 'purple addict' like myself, she had to see it in the flesh.

So, here I am tapping away in a pub in Cheshire. Great isn't it? :D

9pm to 10pm? Great! What time-zone is that? If it's evening here in the UK, can I have wine?

Isn't she gorgeous? :D

Attached Files:

20. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Is the pub the addiction or the "girlfriend??" :) Aren't you married?

21. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I think the next step for you is to learn how to use Multiquote.

See the little [​IMG] button in the bottom right corner of each reply? You can click a bunch of those and then "Post Reply" and all the messages you selected will be quoted for you to respond to in one reply instead of multiple.

22. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

I can see how you could become addicted, especially when I log in every day and see 900+ posts!

23. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

If only there was a way to put some MacRumors in a baggie and sell it by the gram, I'd be hustlin' and slangin' some MR on the corner. He'll, I'd be chopping some up and snorting it myself.

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

There's your problem.
    Also hi, fellow local!

25. ethical macrumors 68000

Since I've been confined to my room and the library for revision, my MR time has shot way up. Procrastination FTW!