I think I'm cutting that Comcast leash

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by nando2323, Feb 12, 2008.

1. nando2323 macrumors 6502a

I just updated my :apple:TV and was going through the TV shows section and every single show that me and my girl watch are there and then some. I think I am really gonna do it now cut that Comcast leash. I would much rather give Apple my money at least they put it to use and give us great products. I am even thinking of buying 2 more :apple:TV's now one for the bedroom and one for the back room. Damn Apple you've done it again what a great product this is now. I am extremely happy with this product now, it truly is amazing. Thanks Kevin and all your counterparts, a job very well done indeed.

2. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Yeah, me too. I'm tired of Comcast and their terrible reliability. As soon as I get my Plasma TV, I'm getting an Apple TV. Much better quality, much easier to use.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Just make sure you get an antenna or get their $13-$20 Limited/Basic Cable to continue to get local channels for news and syndicated shows.

TEG

4. nando2323 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I was planning on a nice antenna. Because I am ripping all my DVD's as we speak of my favorite syndicated stuff (Sienfeld, Friends, etc etc...) And I hate to hope on stuff but I think its inevitable that future content on :apple:TV will be HD its only a matter of time.

5. jojasary macrumors newbie

so I'm assuming you don't ever watch anything on NBC? I can't live without my heroes or the office. If NBC brought back their shows, then it'd be different

6. nando2323 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats when the Antenna or super low plan comes in. Actually an Elgato HD Tv tuner would prob be even better cause then I could set it to DVR any of those HD live stuff.

7. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I thought the same thing at first but quickly realized that apple tv charges a rental fee for many of the same movies that I get for free now on On Demand. I will probably end up using apple tv to rent newer releases now since they are cheaper on apple tv.