Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I just updated my :apple:TV and was going through the TV shows section and every single show that me and my girl watch are there and then some. I think I am really gonna do it now cut that Comcast leash. I would much rather give Apple my money at least they put it to use and give us great products. I am even thinking of buying 2 more :apple:TV's now one for the bedroom and one for the back room. Damn Apple you've done it again what a great product this is now. I am extremely happy with this product now, it truly is amazing. Thanks Kevin and all your counterparts, a job very well done indeed.

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2007
Yeah, me too. I'm tired of Comcast and their terrible reliability. As soon as I get my Plasma TV, I'm getting an Apple TV. Much better quality, much easier to use.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Just make sure you get an antenna or get their $13-$20 Limited/Basic Cable to continue to get local channels for news and syndicated shows.

TEG

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Just make sure you get an antenna or get their $13-$20 Limited/Basic Cable to continue to get local channels for news and syndicated shows.

TEG

That's what I was planning on a nice antenna. Because I am ripping all my DVD's as we speak of my favorite syndicated stuff (Sienfeld, Friends, etc etc...) And I hate to hope on stuff but I think its inevitable that future content on :apple:TV will be HD its only a matter of time.

jojasary

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2007
so I'm assuming you don't ever watch anything on NBC? I can't live without my heroes or the office. If NBC brought back their shows, then it'd be different

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
so I'm assuming you don't ever watch anything on NBC? I can't live without my heroes or the office. If NBC brought back their shows, then it'd be different

Thats when the Antenna or super low plan comes in. Actually an Elgato HD Tv tuner would prob be even better cause then I could set it to DVR any of those HD live stuff.

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
I thought the same thing at first but quickly realized that apple tv charges a rental fee for many of the same movies that I get for free now on On Demand. I will probably end up using apple tv to rent newer releases now since they are cheaper on apple tv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.