Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixroqu3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
New York, NY
So, I normally just let my computer go to sleep or just close the lid when im done using it. Today, I opened my computer and went to youtube to see a video, the sound was not working. The computer wasn't muted, nor was the video on youtube. Everything seemed fine. It just was not playing any sound. I force quit safari and it still wasn't working. Have to restart the system and that seemed to work. Then, I was watching the new trailer for Shazam on Youtube and towards the end while music was playing loudly during an action scene, I went to the previous page and I heard a click/crackle on the speakers. I went back to the video and did it again because I thought I was hearing things and it happened again!

Another thing *its happened like two or three times already* that happened was that as I sent a message through the messages app *this was a couple of days ago*, the "swoosh" sound that plays when you send a message was playing continuously. I closed the lid and it kept playing. I had to shut it down for it to stop.

Has this happened to anyone else here? Would you say this is a software issue or hardware? This is kind os ridiculous considering I spent $3,000+ with AppleCare for this thing and am having issues. Maybe I just got a defective one? Sigh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.