I think it is between these 2 MacBooks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ajwells1, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ajwells1 macrumors newbie

Unless someone has had a horrible experience or knows something I don't that might change my mind I have deceided to go with a refurbished MacBook from Apple.

If you had to pick between these 2, which would you choose? It appears that the main difference is that the 2.4 processor is faster and has a larger hard drive. The 2.26 would be slightly slower has a smaller HD, but has a Firewire port and an SD card slot (which both my nikons use).

I have a 2 TB external HD so I not really worried about that. It seems to me like the 2.26 is a newer version and has a better battery. What would you do. Please see the links below.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB990LL/A?mco=MTA4MzIzMzA#overview

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB467LL/A?mco=MTA4MzIzMDA#overview

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Get the Pro with Firewire and SD slot. You won't notice the processor difference and the HD is very easy to upgrade if you're worried about the Pro having a smaller one.

3. brendu macrumors 68020

4. Andy348 macrumors 6502

Apple refurbished = awesome.

Go for the Pro imo. More future proof.

5. ajwells1 thread starter macrumors newbie

This may seem like a stupid question, but so many of the same features, what makes one a MacBook and the other a MacBook Pro?

6. Andy348 macrumors 6502

Mostly the SD card slot.

7. caonimadebi macrumors regular

Macbook Pro advantages:
    1. Better screen
    2. MUCH longer battery
    3. SD slot
    4. Firewire port

8. cube macrumors G5

No. It was the lack of FireWire that made the original alu Macbook not carry the Pro moniker.

Even if there's nothing pro in the "Pro" laptops, SD is definitely consumer.

9. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

5. Ability to take 8 gigs of ram offically instead of 4 gigs on macbook.

10. Andy348 macrumors 6502

I'm just talking about what makes a MacBook become a "pro". I've never seen a normal MacBook with an SD card slot, just the Pros.

11. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The pro is a more high-end model - you get the extra bells and whistles that aren't on the MB (exactly what they are depends on when the model came out).

12. JCP21 macrumors member

it depends what you want to use it for they both have advantages on disadvantages, but there both laptops i would like to have. [​IMG]

13. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

get the 2.4 and buy an adapter for the sd card. who really uses firewire anymore right?

14. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

the macbook one is a year or so older i think

15. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

16. silentnite macrumors 6502a

silentnite

Great choice going refurb now finish him :D get 2.26 pro. all around a good little Mac. Much better screen, SD will come in handy, I'm finally making good use of mines. FW is another plus. external FW drives as well as any old dvd camcorders. If your into your music FW port is the way to go when adding any instruments for recording. Yes, 2.26 processor does not seem like a lot but you won't notice any difference. Always add some extra memory. This will help keep things moving along. Also saving money is never a bad idea when you think of all the other things you can do with it. :D