I think it's a Java issue?????

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by nokiauk, Sep 11, 2008.

1. nokiauk macrumors member

I bank online and my statements are available to view online in PDF format.

When I click on the link in Safari/Firefox it seems to run some java script and downloads a file called "ViewEstatmentDetail.do".

This .do file I can't do anything with and the PDF statement I should be able to view never appears.

Site works fine in IE on Vista and shows the PDF in the browser as it should.

Any ideas on how to solve.

Thanks.

As it's a java thing I have posted here, if wrong please feel free to move somewhere more appropriate.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Not JAVA, but Javascript. But this is due to a server-side issue with what it sends you.

TEG

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Javascript is not the same as Java (although the .do tells me the bank's using Struts, which is Java-based, but that's not relevant here).

There's nothing you can do about it except to complain to the bank and ask them to get their website working on other browsers and OSs.

4. nokiauk thread starter macrumors member

Thank guys, seems the bank built a duff site.

I presume that in this case they have coded the site for IE and not adhered to common standards.

Anything specific I could mention in my e-mail to them in the hope they pass it to their website team?

5. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

Tell them to get the content-type and content-disposition response headers correct so that the downloads work in multiple browsers.

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The structs are also used in ASP, so this problem may be the site being ASP.

TEG

7. nokiauk thread starter macrumors member