I think its the Logic Board

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Andrew32, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Andrew32 macrumors newbie

hey been googling for WEEKS looking for the solution but none have helped me. so far. I have the Macbook 2.16 Core 2 Duo. Ever since i got it it seemed to have an issue with coming out of sleep mode. that problem has gone away but a wore problem is occuring.

If im connected to power, it heats up and goes this nasty sound, lines down the screen and just freezes up for GOOD!
    If im not connected, its cooler but when i go to watch youtube, it heats up and shuts down.
    When im transferring files from my external it does the same thing.
    When either of this us happening the CPU dosent get over 130F

I cant to ANYTHING ON THIS THING ANYMORE! The apple care won even listen to my problem without me first giving my credit card. This sucks when my friends are over and this happens. They go into the "pice of crap." Is it the logic board? anyway of apple getting it to fix it? or will i have to Do it myself.

THANKS!

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

It sounds like it's just a fan or something wrong with the system controling the fans, possibly a bad temperature sensor or something. If you have Apple care it should be covered under the warranty as long as the warranty hasn't ran out on you but I think that model is too recent for that. All in all this is something that Apple needs to fix.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

If you are within your first year, but after the first 90 days, Apple Care want the Credit Card in case it is a software problem. The card is not charged if the discover that it is a Hardware Issue. Then they will send you a box to send the computer to them in.

If you are outside of the First Year, and never bought Apple Care, you are SOL.

An easier solution, either way, is to take it into an Apple Store (make an appointment first, just to be sure) and have the Genius Bar look at it. They can then either fix it in store (if they are a larger store) or they can deal with sending it to the Apple Care center to get it fixed.

TEG

4. Andrew32 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea its over a year old. I got the 3rd party cooling software and even at 6000RPM its the same issue.

I have read that there is a known problem with a temp sensor being damaged by heat. Can anyone confirm this?