I think its time for Apple to over a screen less option Imac (Tower only)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Symtex, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Symtex, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

Symtex macrumors 6502a

I have a 3 screen setup at home. I don't want another screen so I can have an Mac desktop. The Mac Pro is way too much for my need and the Mac mini is too little. I would love to ditch my windows machine forever and live an 100% in the Apple echo system but there is no option out there but to build an "hackinstosh". Not the greatest option. I want a pc that I can upgrade to my liking instead of being limited by Apple initial offering.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Then you're not going to find what you're looking for in Apple products, unless you go with an older model. It's clear the direction they're taking, eliminating user upgradability.

3. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

My G5 tower is slow as molasses now. It had a good life. I would have bought another one given the option.

4. Wirbowsky macrumors member

+1

That is exactly what I would like. I would be happy even with a tower which allows you to upgrade only the HDD and RAM but with a power/price ratio similar to what you can find in the Windows world.

I would even buy an under powered Imac if the screen could also be used for a Windows machine.

5. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Get an iMac and put one screen on either side of it.
    you could also put the third screen above the iMac