I think my Digitizer died on my ipad 4

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by justabrake, Jun 9, 2015.

1. justabrake macrumors member

This morning my ipad 4 feel over on the table it didn't break or wasn't hard hit but it may have hit the screen a little and after that it didn't work anymore The screen when touched seemed weird when pressed anywhere on it ! I had a hard time getting it to try and restore but every time it went to restore the ipad froze up and error codes came up 4014, 4013 So I checked and it said or I read it was a hardware failure ! Can anyone confirm that this is the digitizer .......... if so I need to buy a new one and replace also anyone replace one with a off market one ? was it any good or would you go with an apple OEM part ? any suggestions ?

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Sounds like something broke in there. Honestly, if it were me I'd check and see what an OEM replacement part would cost versus taking a chance on some shady aftermarket brand.

Just don't pay too much since a replacement iPad 4 wouldn't cost you much to totally replace these days.

3. justabrake thread starter macrumors member

I just checked out of ifixit with an OEM Digitizer for $72.10 shipped ! they recommended a KIT for about $50.00 "non OEM" but I decided to go with a OEM

My ipad stopped all together now and doesn't turn on anymore !

All it did was fall over on the table and touched the middle of the screen with a plastic and it wasn't even hard, I use my ipad quite a bit so that probable had something to do with it also I watch a lot of youtubes and TV movies etc. it's worth it !

I checked ebay but people are not happy with what the sellers are sending them at least from what I read on their feedbacks ! better to pay more and do it once........................

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yep, OEM is the way to go. The iPad will be just like new and you won't have to worry about some half-arsed repair going bad in a few months.

5. ray.arl macrumors member

6. justabrake, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015

justabrake thread starter macrumors member

Well too late I bought it ..........Thanks anyway ! LOL

I'm having a problem removing the glass can't get the glue to release the screen ! I've put the hair dryer to it for a few minutes and used those cheap tools that melted and now i'm using my Gamins navigation Suction cup thats for the window in my car to try and separate But can't do .............. any help ! ! ! !

Well got it apart and installed the digitizer and it doesn't work I think it was something else and not the digitizer .,...........