I think my Iphone broke

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by simple20, Aug 13, 2010.

1. simple20 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I went to play one of my games, f-sim, and now it won't turn. Like when I tilt the screen. Even my texting, pictures, and internet don't tilt when I turn the phone. Which is ordinarily great news because I hate landscape mode, and never really use it, but it sucks that my games don't work. Is it broken, or did I lock it somehow? WIll apple replace it, or am I screwed? Its an iphone 4.

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Did you do a hard reset?

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Is your orientation lock turned on? To check double click the home button the scroll the multitasking bar to the right. You'll see play pause buttons and a lock in a circular arrow. Tap the lock icon then try to rotate the iPhone.

4. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

If none of the above works, make an appointment with Apple and have it looked at.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm amazed this isn't stickied.

6. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

apple will replace it if its not jailbroken or have water damage so you should be good make a apt at a apple store

7. Nokaoi macrumors regular

Probably cuz only an idiot would not check there first.:D

8. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

Or a first-time iPhone owner who doesn't yet know everything about it, maybe?;)

9. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Good reply. We should be here to learn and help anyway.

10. simple20 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I had no idea about the orientation lock, thats a neat feature that I like. But that definitely wasn't on. I restarted it as mentioned, and that did the trick. I'll see if it happens again... just was wierded out by it. Thanks guys!

11. randomerratum macrumors 6502

Yeah, I've been noticing the forums getting all short-tempered recently. It's one thing to call out trolling, but it's another thing to take the time to post a reply just to call someone stupid for asking a basic but reasonable question...

I like the idea of the Mac community being friendly, helpful and welcoming to all levels of Mac users. If you don't want to help out new people, skip it.

12. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I didn't read through the manual on the iP4 and had never upgraded to 4.0 on my 3Gs the whole time, so this is honestly the first I heard about that too. Just got my iP4 a few days ago and wondered how the hell I was supposed to bring up the iPod quick controls.