I think my iPhone is mentally challeneged!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by critic81, Jul 30, 2009.

1. critic81 macrumors regular

[​IMG]

First it thought it was fully charged at 95% untill i rebooted and it thought it was charged at 98%. Then another reboot and now it thinks its charged at 99%. I think my iPhone has trouble counting to 100. Anyone else get this problem?

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Did you iphone also make you type "challeneged!"

:)

p.s. battery fluctuation of a percent or two isn't a big deal.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sorry, but I'm my iPhone is not experiencing those issues. Check your charging cable....:confused:

4. critic81 thread starter macrumors regular

Ahhhh i mis-typed.....haha good call.

5. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Are you using safari or something while it charges?

6. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

Something similar happens to me every now and then. I will charge the phone to 100%, but as soon as i unplug it, it drops to 99%. My advice is to drain the battery to at least 20%. Then charge it back up without unplugging it. Battery issues are very common and Apple is hopefully going to fix it with OS 3.1 (or so i have read). And even so, is it being 2% short of a fully charged battery really that big a deal?

7. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I have had this happen a lot with my old 3G. I think it was due to slight overheating. It would mostly happen while I was charging my phone and holding to to my ear while talking. The phone got very hot. It would stop charging even at 10-20% charge. It even died on me while plugged in. I think I made a thread about it before. But it would show a AC power (not charging) icon even at 20%. I attributed it to overheating.

8. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Yes, this happens to my 3G. At night when i have it plugged in and using safari for a while it would do this also. Im pretty sure it has to do with overheating.

Attached Files:

9. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

That is exactly what happens to me. I don't mind usually because if I use my Bluetooth headset and set the phone down or I just set it on a cool surface, it will start charging again.