I think my iPod has the screen problem what should I do?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by seanm924, Sep 25, 2007.

1. seanm924 macrumors newbie

I bought my ipod touch at the apple store on friday, and over the last couple days I've noticed that it shows dark colors and blacks really badly. My serial number is 1A737A17W4N. Do you guys think I got a bad one? If I did, will the apple store let me exchange it even though it has been opened? If I paid the price difference do you think let would let me get the 16 GB verison instead? Sorry about all the questions.

2. RyanG macrumors 6502

Return it... There's been a million threads. If it's defective - return it. I fail to see why you wouldn't return something defective.

3. seanm924 thread starter macrumors newbie

compared to some of the pictures mine looks pretty good but the blacks look bad anyway. Should I just return it and wait a while before buying a new one?

4. Quickdood macrumors regular

I had the same problem, you should just return it and make sure that when you get a new one that it is build date 38 or later (39, 40...). You can find the build date by looking at the 4th and 5th number of the serial code. If you order from apple's online store you should probably get a Touch without the screen defect.

5. seanm924 thread starter macrumors newbie

So i get a refund minus the restocking fee and then i just order one online. Is the online store shipping orders yet?

6. RyanG macrumors 6502

Why don't you just exchange it? No restocking fee...

7. Matteh117 macrumors regular

Mine has negative black too, but same as you it's not as bad as others.

I'm gonna wait a lil while before returning it because nowhere have them readily available. :(

But to answer your question properly- if you can get a direct replacement there and then - do it.