I think my mac as a virus PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by houssein31, Mar 5, 2014.

1. houssein31 macrumors regular

Hello

I did something really stupid, I wanted to download this free game so I downloaded a bunch of stuff like utorrent, dlllite and a bunch of other things that i dont know what they are. Since then, I am having A LOT of annoying ads appearing in safari. I thought that macs didn't get virus but then again, im not sure what is a virus..

So my question is, how do I make it stop? how i make all these annoying ads go away? ( this is happening on my iMac 2013 if it helps)

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Ps: sorry for the bad english, its not my first language

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

You have to show an example of what the problem is. Upload a screenshot to an image sharing site.

You do not have a virus.

3. Lefty21 macrumors regular

You have probably installed toolbars and adware that take over Safari and redirect you to ad sites, etc.

First go to Safari preferences and change your homepage back to something like google.com, and remove any extensions that may be installed. Then quit Safari (by holding Command + Q) and hold the shift key while clicking the Safari icon to reopen the app without reloading previous windows.

If you are still having troubles upload a screenshot like T'hain Esh Kelch said so we can see what is going on.

Also:
    Don't download things if you don't know what they are.

4. houssein31 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much for helping!

These are screeshot of these EXTREMELY ANNOYING ads!!! the worst part is that when im watching a video on youtube, theres these video ads that appear that plays sound over the video that im watching and its really annoying.

I tried going in my safari settings but i didn't know what to do exactly

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Given that description I couldn't exclude you simply installed Flash on your machine and are just seeing the ad-rotten website as it was designed :D

At the very least you could install ClickToPlugin to cut automatic playing of Flash content, and GlimmerBlocker to block all these ads that plague the web.