I think my Macbook doesnt start quick enough

Discussion in 'macOS' started by XPcentric, Aug 4, 2012.

1. XPcentric macrumors 6502

When I start, or restart I guess it takes two minutes until to load everything, which I think its much longer than when I bought it.

History
    Aluminium Macbook 2009, OSX Leopard.
    Original came with 2GB RAM but I upgraded to 4GB
    I reinstalled the OS only twice in 4 years.

I had installed bootcamp a while ago but I have removed it before the last OS reinstall. Since I put that bootcamp and even after I removed it, everytime I start, it shows a blue screen for few seconds, after that wheel, and then it loads the log in screen.

I want to know if everything is right done, and if the booting time is the same as other Macbooks.

2. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

That sounds pretty average to me, the process I mean. Can you maybe time it and give us the amount of time it takes for it to boot?

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Did you remove the Bootcamp partition using the Bootcamp Assistant?

Have you checked to see what items load at startup?
    System Preferences -> Users -> Login Items

4. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Mine takes even longer than that and I always thought it was too long but i've learned to accept it. Once booted up, it is very snappy all around.

5. XPcentric thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for replies.

Note: I've removed few startup items, and removed everything from my desktop. My memory was right. 1:57 minutes untill all loaded up, Safari was launched immediately and it opened by 2:20 minutes.
    * Note2 that I paused the Stopwatch to introduce username/password at login screen

Edit. Bootcamp partition was removed. I'm not sure I saw the blue screen this time, but I will try reboot again, its very strange when I see it.

6. stchman macrumors 6502a

Two minutes for a boot time is ridiculous. My 4 year old home built PC running Ubuntu 12.04 boots up in less than 60 seconds.

My new MBA boots up in 12 seconds, but the SSD is the thing that makes that possible.