I think Redsn0w just bricked my iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by loft3, Apr 4, 2011.

1. loft3, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011

loft3 macrumors regular

Okay, so I bought an iPhone 3G today from someone who just got an iPhone 4. I used Redsn0w to jailbreak it and install the iPad 3.2.2 baseband so I could unlock it. After it installed the iPad baseband, the iPhone 3G restarted and the Apple logo came up, but then the whole screen dimmed and seemed to freeze.

I've managed to restart it in DFU mode, and am trying to restore it using the IPSW file created by redsn0w, but just before the restore is complete, iTunes gives me a warning that it could not complete the restore and I need to try again. I'm trying again now, but I think the same thing is going to happen.

Did I just brick my phone?

UPDATE: Yep. Same thing happened again. I get this error message: "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1015)." The "More Info" button takes me to this page: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You did not brick your phone.

Redsn0w is jailbreak tool and not tool that use to create file.

what error message did you get from Itune?

As per dev team, once you have ipad baseband installed, you can not restore to Apple official firmware. You can only restore to customs firmware only.

3. loft3 thread starter macrumors regular

Right now I seem to be stuck in some iPhone restore loop. I keep getting error 1015 and it tells me to connect my iPhone back to iTunes each time. When I run the restore again (from a custom IPSW file built through PwnageTool, I get the same error.

How do I get out of this restore loop?

(thanks for your reply)

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

download tiny umbrella and select kick out of recovery

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Download tiny umbrella to your PC. Once Itunes gives you the 1015 error, open tiny umbrella and hit "exit recovery".

You should be good to go.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

a quick search on error 1015 you will see tons of threads on it. all saying to use tiny umbrella or IREP to kick it out.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You have to put the phone in pwned dfu mode first with redsnow and then restore to the custom ipsw thru iTunes.

8. loft3 thread starter macrumors regular

I've tried TinyUnbrella and also booting into DFU through iTunes, and still it's just stuck in this infinite 1015 restore loop.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. I spent a lot of money I don;t really have on this damn iPhone...

Thanks