I think something is seriously wrong: graphics issues on MBA

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Lost in the Web, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Lost in the Web macrumors newbie

I just got back from a trip recently and when I came home and played around on my computer it suddenly went to black screen, like it turned off. It had a lot of battery life so I was confused. I tried turning it back on and it wouldn't. I left it alone for awhile and it got along just fine, in fact it was on.

However, when I went on youtube, the icon on the top left, the back and forward icons for the playlists, and people's channel banner were all this white static with blue, pink, and yellow pixels. I thought it was supposed to be a joke so I left it be.

Later, I went to the airport to go on another trip and when I got to the hotel and tried to use my Macbook Air, the screen started bugging out. All my textfiles were opening and that static screen I had seen before was the background to my entire computer screen and it was blinking. I saved all my documents and shut down my computer. When I rebooted it this morning, I found all the icons for the battery life, volume, bluetooth, time machine, and ect. were missing with one icon only showing up half way.

I'm alittle nervous to find out what's wrong. I need to use my computer for several school projects this week and I don't know if I can afford a new one. Any help? (P.S. my start up disk is almost full, could that be the problem?)

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Well, I'll tell you right now that the symptoms you are reporting don't sound like they'd be caused by a near-full boot disk. What they sound like to me is a slowly dying graphics system. How old is your MacBook Air?