I Think that the AppleCare Rep. Made a Mistake. Help?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by appleguy123, Aug 4, 2010.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I called in about by 9 month old Apple Wireless Keyboard not sitting flat. I'm pretty sure that the representative I had was new because it took her forever to do anything and had to continually consult "supervisors" on this simple issue.
    When we were finished talking she told me that Apple would be emailing me some shipping labels to return this product. The emails which I received were from "DOA Returns and Replacements" and they asked for me to send the keyboard back in its original packaging (which I no longer have and thus why I'm questioning).
    Isn't this typically reserved for new orders and replacements go under do it yourself parts requests? Thanks for the help!

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Call Apple up, I'm pretty sure they don't care, I had to send back my MBP by courier once, I had to explain as I had a refurb, I didn't get a nice shiny white box, just a crappy cardboard one that I chucked, took them a while to accept that refurbs came in cardboard boxes and that I needed a new one provided, but we got there...

3. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

I threw away the original packaging. It's been nearly a year. Will they still accept the return?

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

They should do, give them a call and check if you're worried, I think it's different for peripherals, they'll send you a small cardboard box to put them in.

5. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

I would think you would be sent an empty box to ship it back in.

6. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

I understand that, but they told me to ship it back in full retail packaging with all manuals contents. I don't have that anymore.

7. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

Here is the letter which I received. I've edited out my personal information. IT looks like a new item return to me.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. jlpoore89 macrumors 6502

Just call them, give them your case ID# and tell them that you need them to send you an empty box with return shipping labels as you have already discarded the original packaging. They should understand because even if it was brand new you could have thrown away the box the day you got it and called them the next day.