I Think that the AppleCare Rep. Made a Mistake. Help?

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I called in about by 9 month old Apple Wireless Keyboard not sitting flat. I'm pretty sure that the representative I had was new because it took her forever to do anything and had to continually consult "supervisors" on this simple issue.
When we were finished talking she told me that Apple would be emailing me some shipping labels to return this product. The emails which I received were from "DOA Returns and Replacements" and they asked for me to send the keyboard back in its original packaging (which I no longer have and thus why I'm questioning).
Isn't this typically reserved for new orders and replacements go under do it yourself parts requests? Thanks for the help!

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Call Apple up, I'm pretty sure they don't care, I had to send back my MBP by courier once, I had to explain as I had a refurb, I didn't get a nice shiny white box, just a crappy cardboard one that I chucked, took them a while to accept that refurbs came in cardboard boxes and that I needed a new one provided, but we got there...

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Call Apple up, I'm pretty sure they don't care, I had to send back my MBP by courier once, I had to explain as I had a refurb, I didn't get a nice shiny white box, just a crappy cardboard one that I chucked, took them a while to accept that refurbs came in cardboard boxes and that I needed a new one provided, but we got there...
I threw away the original packaging. It's been nearly a year. Will they still accept the return?

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
They should do, give them a call and check if you're worried, I think it's different for peripherals, they'll send you a small cardboard box to put them in.

jlpoore89

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
Just call them, give them your case ID# and tell them that you need them to send you an empty box with return shipping labels as you have already discarded the original packaging. They should understand because even if it was brand new you could have thrown away the box the day you got it and called them the next day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.