I think Update just fried my Airport Extreme!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by BamaDMD, Sep 3, 2007.

1. BamaDMD macrumors member

BamaDMD

This maybe a coincidence but as soon as I updated my firmware today (7.2.1) on my Airport extreme (have had for about 2months), the basestation is not recognizable through the wireless side by either of my iMacs. I plugged into it via ethernet cable and it picks up the station but then when I unplug, it says can't find base station.

I hate this considering that I have had zero problems with it until I updated the firmware.:mad: Should have just left a good thing alone.:(

Anyone know what might have happened I would appreciate input.

2. prpodium macrumors newbie

you're not alone

hey man,

you're not alone. though i don't have this problem (mine is just really, really, ridiculously slower than before), I've seen your issue mentioned in other message boards.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1107080&tstart=30

anyone else with either of these problems. the speeds i would normally get on the speakeasy.net speed test was around 3000kbps on a download. now its down to 200-500kbps. when hardwired to the modem, the speeds are around 6800kbps. Apple, what gives? it's really disappointing as my AEBS has been working really well for the past 5 months or so.