I thought Apple was committed to iPhone security

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cowm007, Oct 30, 2007.

1. cowm007 macrumors regular

Apple has defended a lot of their iphone decisions in the name of security. I've always given them the benefit of the doubt, but what's up with this TIFF exploit? Hackers have proven that the exploit poses a huge risk for iphone users. I mean a single website visit installs an app, activates your phone, and patches the hole itself. Why isn't Apple jumping at this and issues a patch ASAP??

Not that i dont want to be able to put hacks on my iphone, but something tells me its never really been about security. They mu$t have other rea$on$.

2. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

More of a balancing act between negative press and Apple's control.

I suspect they'll close the hole soon when they push 10.5 to the iPhone. They may even wait until they are ready for an SDK, so they avoid the negative press.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Give them some time. Dont think that one exploit is the only thing on their plates. You cant go about making accusations like "i thought apple was committed to iPhone security." Cut some slack, they will fix it, in the meantime, there working on other security things im sure.

4. cowm007 thread starter macrumors regular

They had no problem patching iTunes quickly after they found the workarounds for ringtones. That wasn't even a security update, just a revenue protection. The hackers even have a TIFF fix out already. My point is, if they are so convinced that the iPhone is vulnerable, they should be issuing patches quickly. Instead, it just seems everything they are doing is for the sake of revenue.

5. alFR macrumors 68020

This just in! Company prioritises protection of revenue shocker!

In other news, trees have leaves and birds can fly. More at 10!