I thought I had a bad battery but...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sigmadog, Feb 20, 2015.

1. sigmadog macrumors 6502a

sigmadog

... after checking Activity Monitor I discovered an unneeded (and nonresponsive) utility app (Adobe Application Manager from uninstalled Adobe apps) that was monopolizing 90+% of my CPU. I promptly deleted it. Now I'm charging the rMBP up and we'll see if battery life improves.

I was experiencing dramatic power drain while just browsing, as in 10% reduction after just five minutes with no other programs running. in that time the bottom rear of the computer heated up dramatically too. I was beginning to wonder how anyone got any work done on these things when they only last an hour and a half. Coming from DesktopLand, I had no clue what to expect, but this power drain was insanely fast.

I think I'll get a better idea what the average battery life is now that I've kicked that app out.

2. christarp macrumors 6502

christarp

That would definitely do it. Hopefully your issues are resolved! I can usually get about 10-11 hours out of just using pages and safari every now and again which brightness on low. Doing things with heavy graphical or cpu requirements definitely affects it.