I thought I would not want one but I do!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jannette, Aug 4, 2015.

1. jannette macrumors 6502

Went into the Apple store today to buy a charger for my car. I happened to walk by the Watch display case. I have a 38mm SS with Milanese Loop which I am very happy with. BUT then I saw the gold versions .....oh, they are beautiful and I so want one! Planning a bank robbery right now!

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Best of luck and please post some pictures!:apple:

3. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Congratulations, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The Watch Edition is now on display? Thought Apple kept them in a secure vault in the back of the store.

4. jannette thread starter macrumors 6502

I went to Cambridge and they were all displayed under glass, all models in both sizes, with all combinations of bands. I am sure the case was locked.

Only bands on show to buy were the Sports bands, but the sales assistant said they had the more expensive ones out the back. I did buy a white sports band.

I shall not buy an Edition now even if my bank robbery is successful! I will wait until the second gen. Until I saw them, I thought they were way over priced but I can see how, if money were no object, they are really worth the cost

5. Aniseedvan macrumors 65816

They've been on display in the Milton Keynes store I think from the get go, from what I remember.

I don't understand the rationale behind keeping only the sports bands on display. You can buy £200 beats off the shelf so why not spare bands?

6. jannette thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, you are right! The Beats were right beside the Sport bands on an open shelf!

7. ivandr macrumors regular

Its much easier to slip away with a small watch band box than a pair of headphones tucked under your shirt... the absolute cost of the item isn't the determinate as to what gets displayed vs held in the back. The real determinate is how expensive AND how easy is it to hide an item that determines whether its put out on the shelf.

8. maflynn, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015

maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I felt the same way, but then about a month (maybe two) ago I was in the apple store and I was impressed by the watch. Since then I was thinking of one. I got a replacement for my fitbit surge, so it was perfect timing to sell that replacement and use the proceeds to fund the new apple watch (that I have yet to buy).