I thought the dock was supposed to show up in multi-monitors??

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by eroxx, Oct 22, 2013.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

I see the menubar on each of my monitors, but not the dock ... ?

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Move your mouse over to the display that doesn't show the dock and mouse down to the bottom. It will pop up then.

3. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I posted a new thread ... the dock shows up, but only after about 30 seconds (no exaggeration) ...

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Follow Peace's instructions but change "move over" to click on the display (not just hover) or click on any App in the display and bounce the Pointer on the bottom of the screen. Also after clicking on the display you can locate the Pointer just above the bottom of the screen and then 1 finger down swipe starting above the top of the trackpad until the Pointer his bottom.

5. mattshort macrumors member

I've been using the DPs and GM for a few months now, and this has been driving me crazy.

For whatever reason, I can't get this to work with a side-dock. Obviously it won't work if the displays are oriented side-by-side, but it won't even work if they're one on top of the other.

Has anyone figured out how to use a side-dock on both monitors?

6. tipopilota macrumors member

I am having the same issue. The Dock is not showing up on my second monitor and at times it will randomly show up and go away on my primary monitor.