I thought there was a price cut for the iphone 7 audio adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pectin232, Nov 21, 2016.

1. pectin232 macrumors 6502

It is still $9.00 and that was the original price. I love apple stuff but I feel for cable it is such a rip off charging customers that much.. all my other headphones now will need to have an unnecessary ugly white dongle!! and it is not cheap. I need probably like 8-9 of them for different family members gym headphones, kids headphones, runnning etc... doing this will lose customers one day.. I hear or see no distinct advantages over this change and more inconvenient now.... unable to charge and listen at the same time..

2. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

3. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

You're complaining about a $9 adapter for a $600 - $900 phone...

You may be in the wrong club here.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

No offence but I don't think you have cause for complaint. You should only need one per person plus it's not Apple's fault you have multiple family members who need them. Each iPhone comes with one and that's the only one you need per iPhone.

5. bluespark macrumors 65816

It's not just an adapter. Each one contains digital-to-analog circuitry to enable the conversion. While many of us question Apple's wisdom in removing the beloved headphone jack, this pricing is really good. I doubt you'll ever see it cheaper.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

If only there was a way for you to have known about this issue beforehand!!! :rolleyes:

By the way, the price cuts were for the new MacBook Pro dongles.

7. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Nope. USB-C adapters had a price cut. Nothing else. But how is 9 too much when your phone cost a stupid amount? And you buy iPhone 7s for you family? Jeez, people are so stupidly stingy.