I thought we were getting "cut files" with Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by iBreatheApple, Sep 22, 2011.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

This is quite annoying, and it's a feature I've been wanting in a Mac since I switched. Anyhow, I thought support for this was coming in Lion?

2. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Copy files as you would, then right click and hold option. Where it previously said paste, it will say Move item here.

3. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I don't see why I should have to reach for the option key to get a feature that should be on the screen in front of my face. When I first switched to Mac, I used Pathfinder until I got used to the "Mac way." After a while it fell into disuse and I lived within the limitations of Finder. Then when it was announced that "cut" was coming with Lion, I was dismayed that I had to remember a keyboard shortcut for it. Meanwhile I learned of a finder extension that doesn't require replacing finder with another program. It's a finder plugin called Totalfinder. For 18 bucks I have a Finder with tabs and cut is right there in front of my face for those times when I need it and I don't have to remember whether it was the option key or the command key.

It's bad enough I have to hit fn delete for delete or fn downarrow for pagedown. I mean Steve Jobs has taken this button hate thing of his too darn far. Pretty soon we will have a 2 key keyboard where you have to hold option and hit "A" 26 times to type a "Z". Sheesh.

4. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Haha, lmao!

Thank you. I had someone who doesn't like to post message me this. I didn't know about it but I still wish I could "Cmd-x", "Cmd-V"... lame.

Anyhow, I thought it was coming? Or is what you are talking about the new feature? I don't know if it was in previous releases or not.

5. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

here you go:

COPY: command+C
    PASTE: option+command+V

and in case you need to cut a group of files and put them in a new folder you want to open, select all those said files, and press: control+command+N

hope it helps :cool: