I told yall. No Matte for the 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by capriseyhaze, Jun 8, 2009.

1. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

After all those updates today with the notebook line apple did not add matte to the 15". Ive been saying this for the last couple months and everybody gets mad at me for saying it. Apple no longer cares about the whole pro thing anymore. Apple products are the new trend in pop couture so now thats who they tailor to. Why do you think they but put sd slots on the notebooks huh? because every little boy and girl in the world who scream mommy i want a mac has some kind of digital camera or camcorder that has a sd card in it so apple put it on all their notebooks to tailor to those trendy people. So can we please stop crying about 15" matte option. it will never happen again. Apple still shows the professional users out there a little respect though by offering you that ugly matte option on the 17". so if you want matte get a 17". thank you. have a nice day.

2. lhotka macrumors regular

Unfortunately, I agree with you. Apple's getting out of the Pro market.

17" doesn't fit under the seat on many airplanes, so it's not just a matter of weight - the darn thing is too big.

Tough choice now: crippled new MBP, or keep the old one hoping Apple comes to its senses.

The SD slot is almost an insult.

3. catdog02481 macrumors regular

catdog02481

It is an insult since they used it to replace the express slot. They should have put it in the low-end version of the 15" MBP and kept the express slot in the higher end version.

I mean how could you just remove that slot which is vital to pro users?

4. Teej guy macrumors 6502a

The 17 is the only true pro laptop in the range anymore. It's a real shame they don't have a high-end pro version of the 15.

5. NRose8989 macrumors 6502a

Sorry chief but even the 17" isn't a true "pro" notebook...........

Just take a gander at Lenovo's W700 or Dell's M6400..... Those are true professional notebooks.