So once upon a time I let my MacBook Air fall and the screen stopped working. I've been using it with all external peripherals. I decided that because it was beyond repair I would try and fix it myself. I ordered the LCD and took the existing one off. With the LCD off the backlight was working but the stopped after I accidentally must have disconnected some wiring. I took the back off but couldn't figure out what was wrong. I decided to hook it back up to the external screen to make sure everything was okay. It wasn't. It just displayed grey without an apple logo. I then disconnected the main display cable and tried again which didn't work. I then tried to reset the smc but I thought I had to press a button on the motherboard to do so. I ended up locating a wire that had 'smb' imprinted on it. I thought I might have to disconnect this, so I tried and tried but broke it off. I realised this wasn't anything got to do with resetting the smc but I had damaged the connector for the battery where the charge from the plug goes into. I reset the actual smc and it booted up fully but of course the battery wouldn't charge. I now have a laptop that will not accept any charge but has some juice left. I can use this computer until the battery runs dry but I don't know what to do thereafter. What I want to do is use the charger and forget about charging the battery itself but OS X will not identify the MagSafe as I believe the current must go through the battery but as it doesn't enter the battery it can't exit to the motherboard. Is there anything I can do? MacBook Air 11.6" mid 2012. Thanks.