I touch 4g IOS 5?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by appleZtouch, Oct 4, 2011.

1. appleZtouch macrumors newbie

appleZtouch

can there be an IOS 5 on itouch 4g? sorry I'm new to this :)

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes, on October 14th, you can update your iPod Touch 4G to iOS 5.

3. appleZtouch thread starter macrumors newbie

appleZtouch

Nice! Thanks I really like some features of it. Anyway how can I upgrade it do I need to buy it or just automatically update in itunes?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

When you plug your iPod into iTunes, it'll notify you that there is an update. Just follow the steps, its all free.

5. appleZtouch thread starter macrumors newbie

appleZtouch

6. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

I'm trying out the GM version of iOS 5. So far I am impressed - things run very fast and smooth and the new features are nice.

I have one problem and that is the camera feature. It works well. From the sleep mode I can double click the home button to quickly access the camera and even use the volume button to take pictures, which is very handy. However this feature is making me curse the suckiness of the iPod Touch camera even more. :(

7. Cata M. macrumors member

Cata M.

If I buy an iPod Touch after 12 October, does it come with IOS 5?

8. WLS, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

WLS macrumors 65816

If you buy it from an Apple store it will. The big box stores will be selling old inventory so then you would have to update it yourself. While most updates run just fine we do see stories about people having problems updating so at this point I would tell people if they want a new Touch to order it from Apple for the next few weeks. Also that way if there are any hidden changes you will not have to worry about getting them.
    I'm disappointed with what we have apparently been given but I do hold out hope that at least the new Touch will have 512Mb Ram in it. We should know by Wednesday from Ifixit. That would be enough for me to buy it.

9. WLS macrumors 65816

:rolleyes:
    Why is it that I get the impression you are an apple employee trying to do damage control on the Touch?

10. iDave macrumors 6502a

Very, very unlikely. There is no new touch, except for a new white version of the 4th generation.

11. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Dude you are repeating features from a year to several years ago.

Has to be.