I-touch battery life when using wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hdsalinas, Nov 11, 2007.

1. hdsalinas macrumors 6502

hdsalinas

My brothers wants to get a touch. He wants to take advantage of the internet capabilities of it but we were wondering how long will the battery last if you only use it for wifi/internet with a full charge?

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I have my Wi-Fi on all the time and generally listen to music for most of the day in the office, and also check my e-mails via webmail. I normally have enough charge left when I go to bed to watch a movie before putting it on charge for the night.

3. caubeck macrumors 6502

I find I have enough battery to leave wifi on, watch a video, and power a bluetooth dongle. I got through 5 episodes of Lost this way, sitting at a café, using someone's wifi to check my mail.

Without the dongle, I can make it through 10-15 episodes.

I base my experience on having watched seasons 1-3 of Lost on the iPT over the course of two weeks.

:eek: but still quite :cool:

4. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Most people would probably say a couple of hours or possibly more, depending on your usage habits.

It's hard to give an exact number because it depends on how often you are loading pages, what kinds of pages you are hitting, if you're listening to music also, etc.

But in general I would say the wifi battery life is absolutely excellent for a device of this type. Much better than PDA's I've owned in the past.

5. Guruclub04 macrumors newbie

itouch battery can be prolong by extended battery pack

I got one itouch external battery pack to deal with the problem of short battery life when Wifi was on, very effective, especially with this imp500, check this out

http://www.imaxpower.com

6. chrisiw macrumors regular

Hi..When you guys use them during the day, on and off, do you power down each time ?:confused:

7. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

I have the second-gen 32GB with the 2.2 update...the battery lasts and lasts and lasts. :D Web-browsing and even the Google Earth app don't have hardly any effect on the battery. ;) Just get the 2.2 update and you should be good.

8. Guruclub04 macrumors newbie

itouch battery life was too short

After update all the software, the movie time was still very short, like 4-5 hours. Any suggestions?

9. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

... extended Lion battery packs can be had for ~$36.00...

10. ipwrdotcom macrumors newbie

battery

try iPWR SuperPack is a rechargeable lithium-polymer external battery with a whopping capacity of 1800 mAh that more than DOUBLES the time you can rock, talk, and surf on your iPhone 3G
    I used it with my Itouch all the time, when I am at the gymn and a watch a show it drains the battery i use the IPWR external battery, it will charge and I can use it as I go.

11. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

12. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

My iPod touch lasts about two hours with heavy WiFi usage.

13. rhwalters macrumors newbie

External Battery Imaxpower IMP500

I, like so many of you, was seeking a reasonable and convenient way to extend my iPod usage while traveling and without having to pack all those extras. I currently use my Imaxpower 5000mAh battery pack for traveling with my iPod Touch and my wife's iPod Nano. After a lengthy search for a convenient battery source for our iPods and my iPod Touch we came upon the Imaxpower battery pack IMP500. The web site videos were thorough, complete, and made the operation of charging or using while charging for our iPods very simple. After acquiring one, it is as simple as it appears and after two weeks of charge, play to expend, and recharge, it continues to work brilliantly, both for recharging and using while our iPods charge. On the older 40gb iPod Photo we got four full charges from one charge of the Imaxpower battery pack. While we have no photos only around 2000 songs, my play cycle is about 8 to 10 hours per charge. I am having similar positive results with my new 2nd generation 16gb iPod Touch. With several long distance airline trips in the near future, I can rest assured that we will be listening for many hours because of the Imaxpower IMP500. Best of all: Currently $59.00 which includes the adapter on their website. It works almost as long as you want to stay online or recharge it at intervals.

14. Guruclub04 macrumors newbie

External Backup Battery For 3g Iphone Itouch Ipod

I got this imaxpower.com imp500 too. It last a really long time. I love it. Thanks for your review.