I touch sound problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dino121, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Dino121 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. New to the forum and yes I'm stressing already lol. I just upgraded my itouch(purchased only this weekend) and since the upgrade the sound has gone from blinkin awful to non existant. The volume level is up and i've played about with the "Headphones, speaker, both option) Can anyone on here please tell me what i've dont to desrve this :confused: Thanks in advance people. ;)

2. MattGTO macrumors regular

MattGTO

We know what happened last week.

I just thought of something...press the restore button in iTunes...what an original idea!!:eek:

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

So your iPod touch speaker (yes intentional)
    was playing music at a clear volume and not anymore?

What version of the software did you upgrade your iPod touch to?

4. Dino121 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd just upgraded to version 2.0. Now(as suggested) i've done a a restore. That's cured it :) Now what though???? Never upgrade again for fear of it happening again? :confused: Thanks for your help so far people ;) Sorry Consultant. In answer to your question, it WAS playing fine til the upgrade. And now i've done the restore it's fine again.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You do realize that iPod touch HAS NO SPEAKER?

6. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

the speaker only plays little stuff and clicks.

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

You certainly do have a problem if you're able to touch sound, most people can only hear it.

The iPod touch doesn't have a speaker, it has a transducer ;)

8. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

excuse me for proving you wrong but, if i may ask you to turn on your ipod, and tap settings; then tap general,after that look for sound effects (8th option from top) and tap it. there you will find the options Off, Speaker, Headphones, Both hmmm? what was that little second one, oh wait, it did say speaker!

are you calling apple a liar? wait a second... wait that might be a typo, oh, no its not your just wrong:)

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

See #3. I asked OP if the speaker from iPod touch was playing MUSIC clearly before update and he said yes.

Note the discussion was about speaker playing MUSIC.

10. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

BACK TO THE OP, THE POINT OF THIS THREAD...

Don't fear upgrades. They're usually good things. If your nervous, wait when one comes out in the future to see if people start posting on here about their iPods melting or something.

Glad you got a fix!

11. Dino121 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. Just popped in to read a few posts and noticed this one is still running to my surprise. It's a great site aint it. And from what i'm seeing, it certainly gets the blood pumping :mad: Still,what's a forum without different opinions. Anyways,just to let ta know my touch is running better than ever and even though i done a restore, i kept hold of version 2.0. I hope i didn't do anything daft like have the volume down on the music page all the time :D(although it WAS up on my settings) Don't hate me if that "was" the case ;)

12. jm9534 macrumors newbie

I've similar problem, but it only affected the songs I imported before upgraded to 2.0. You can try (if you haven't done yet) to adjust the volume of the songs. Select the song/songs and get info, then tune up the volume. If that still doesn't work, I re-import the songs I really like, it works like a charm.

Other than that I really happy with the 2.0 upgrade. So far no other issues come up, fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

13. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Maybe because the general public is too stupid to understand what a 'transducer' is?

14. Dino121 thread starter macrumors newbie

What's a transducer then? Is it a cross dressing Ducer?

15. Heraklitus macrumors member

16. Viremia macrumors regular

that's odd, I was always told that I'd go BLIND if I touched it :eek: