I tried uninstalling a game and reinstalling it again and ran into a problem

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by muh316, Dec 30, 2010.

1. muh316 macrumors newbie

I uninstalled Assassins creed 2. Whenever I try to reinstall it it gives me the error. Assassin's Creed 2 is already installed on your system. Please run uninstall script and launch installer again to reinstall the game.

I deleted the game and tried to install but I still get the error. What should I do?

2. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Ok, first download CCleaner, from here > http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download <.
    After installing it, you will have 4 tabs, click the cleaner tab and select all the boxes,except the last one, and a couple you dont want to, ie user assist. After running that, go to the registry tab and fix all issues.

3. chichots macrumors newbie

I run into a similar problem. I just threw a whole Ubisoft folder into the trash and now when I want to reinstall the game an 'already on your system' error come up. Theoretically I downloaded the already mentioned CCleaner, but there are 3 not 4 tabs and I would feel better knowing the names of the boxes I shouldn't touch. I really would not like to screw my system or lose saves from other games. I'm rather green at this, not even sure it is possible, but I don't want t risk it… Also English is not my first language.
    Recently I reinstalled the whole system and I would rather not do that again so soon, especially for a single game.
    Help.

4. maxsoria2001 macrumors newbie

Same problem

I'm having the same issue. Tried using ccleaner, and it didn't solve it. Any other ideas?

5. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe