Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muh316

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
I uninstalled Assassins creed 2. Whenever I try to reinstall it it gives me the error. Assassin's Creed 2 is already installed on your system. Please run uninstall script and launch installer again to reinstall the game.

I deleted the game and tried to install but I still get the error. What should I do?

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Ok, first download CCleaner, from here > http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download <.
After installing it, you will have 4 tabs, click the cleaner tab and select all the boxes,except the last one, and a couple you dont want to, ie user assist. After running that, go to the registry tab and fix all issues.

chichots

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2012
I run into a similar problem. I just threw a whole Ubisoft folder into the trash and now when I want to reinstall the game an 'already on your system' error come up. Theoretically I downloaded the already mentioned CCleaner, but there are 3 not 4 tabs and I would feel better knowing the names of the boxes I shouldn't touch. I really would not like to screw my system or lose saves from other games. I'm rather green at this, not even sure it is possible, but I don't want t risk it… Also English is not my first language.
Recently I reinstalled the whole system and I would rather not do that again so soon, especially for a single game.
Help.

maxsoria2001

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2012
Same problem

I'm having the same issue. Tried using ccleaner, and it didn't solve it. Any other ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.