I-Tunes Alernative...Floola

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NoleRx, May 14, 2007.

1. NoleRx macrumors newbie

Just a heads up for those of you looking for an itunes alternative. I never liked Itunes mostly because I don't keep my music on my computer. Floola allows you to transfer music to and from your ipod on any computer without any hassles. It also allows for playback of music within the program. So check it out if you are interested. Oh yeah it a free app as well!

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't completely understand why someone would want this, but it seems like a nice piece of software, and it seems like the developers are putting a lot of effort into it! Thanks for sharing! :)

3. NoleRx thread starter macrumors newbie

The reason I use it is because I really don't like itunes. As I said I don't keep my music on my computer. This always seems to be a problem with itunes for me. Basically I convert a cd to mp3 and then copy it to my ipod with floola and then delete it off of the hard drive. Simple.

4. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

While I would agree with mkrishnan on the fact that this adds no real value above and beyond iTunes for Mac and Windows users, it looks very interesting for Linux users. I'm going to give it try.

5. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Looks like a nice program.

To the OP, what happens when your ipod's harddrive fails? You will lose every song. I hope you have some form of backup, because its only a matter of time before a harddrive fails. (Unless you are using a nano or shuffle, then you have to worry about theft of cracking it in half ;) )

Edit:
    Can't you do that in iTunes, anyways? Just use manual song management, drag the songs over and then delete from the comp :) You can't go from iPod to computer in iTunes though...

6. NoleRx thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually back up my ipod onto a external harddrive periodically, so I'm covered unless it all fails at once:) Maybe I'm crazy but I just switched over from windows (never going back) and it just seemed like itunes was not very user friendly if you did not store music on your hard drive. Plus I like the ability of going back and forth, not that I have to pull music from my ipod very often, but from time time I think of a song that I want on my shuffle and will just pull it off the big boy.