I tunes problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kill2this, Apr 6, 2007.

1. kill2this macrumors newbie

I have a problem with i tunes - or maybe even just my mac. Some cds won't stay in the system. I put it in and it stays in for a minute and then automatically comes straight back out. Cds that do this are linkin park and the disscociatives and some others - its annoying!!!! Help me!!!

2. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

1. It is iTunes, not I Tunes.
    2. Check if they are scratched

3. polevault139 macrumors 6502

Well when you read I-tunes or any other disambiguation of the name iTunes over and over it gets pretty annoying.

Anyways, have you tried any other CD's besides those ones. Are they enhanced CD's or something like that. I know that some slot loading drives have a hard time reading dics if they are a little bit too thick.
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58641
    Here's a link to the Apple website about disc shape and thickness.

And if the linkin park cd doesnt work, throw it out, its worthless anyways.

4. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

On that note, what type of Apple do you have? MacBook, iMac, 8 Core Mac Pro? ;-)

The MacBook's seem to sometimes have some problems. Let us know what type of Mac you're using, and that may also help.

5. kill2this thread starter macrumors newbie

iTunes

iTunes isn't even a word man. It's not a big thing in my life to check everything to ensure it is right to make every one else happy. The thing is, its just a name for something. It is insignificant. I could call it my mp3 payer. Anyways having looked at the cds they are stock standard cds with very little scratches on em. I was assuming that they must have some programme on em that stops them from being read in a mac but I'm not sure if this can be? I am using an imac. I don't know - it;s just stupid!
    And as for Linkin Park. They are ok. Not great but ok. Their new album is said to be the best they have written.
    Anyway it's the disscociatives I'm more worried about!!!!

Thanks for your help mac people!!!

Kill:p

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I have had this problem with a CD before. It didn't work in my iMac G5 or my iBook G4. There must be some sort of encryption that makes for this. However, if you put it in your CD player and connect the audio out of the CD player to the audio in of the computer, play it through the CD player, and record it in some sort of sound recording program, you can get it that way. Don't know if its worth the bother for any of those CDs, but if you really want them on your computer, that may be the simplest way. If anyone knows another, better way, please contact me and notify me.

7. polevault139 macrumors 6502

1. iMac is pretty broad but I guess we will assume its either a G5 or Intel.
    2. Did you measure the thickness of the discs, like was said earlier it might have to do with that.

The only problem that I have ever had with the slot loading drive on my C2D iMac is that an Enhanced CD was too thick and it couldn't be read. In that case I imported it into my PC, copied it to a USB Flash Drive and then transfered the files over that way. Hope this helps with your iTunes problem.

8. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I haven't got the time to read through the other posts but some CDs have Copy-Protection which stops them being played, imported or copied on a computer.

That could be it.