I turn my iPhone on, it turns off after 20 seconds.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wrathofhawk, Mar 21, 2010.

1. wrathofhawk macrumors newbie

wrathofhawk

My iPhone 3GS is jailbroken on 3.1 firmware. A couple hours ago my phone suddenly froze, so I did the home button + power button reset, and when it went to the apple logo about 40 seconds later the screen just turned black. I have kept trying to turn it back on but it just goes black after 20 seconds. I have tried to look into this and 1 person has said he left his phone alone for an hour, and it was working fine. I left mine alone for a hour but it still turns off when I turn it on. I don't want to restore unless I have to because I have some really important work-related things on my phone that I won't be able to recover.

My question is, since I'm jailbroken, can I SSH into my phone and backup all my things that way? Or even with it off can I plug it into iTunes and backup + restore? I'm not near a computer atm, on my friends iPod. Plus I haven't backed up since last november so it will SUCK if I have to restore. My home computer is just stupid that way, don't ask why. :/

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try iRecovery.
    Sounds like a recovery boot loop.

3. wrathofhawk thread starter macrumors newbie

wrathofhawk

My phone doesn't enter recovery mode, it acts like its booting and turns off

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I second iRecovery.