I updated

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sunday Shadows, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Sunday Shadows macrumors regular

And restored but my "carrier" is still my custom one. Can I fix it back to say AT&T without it being jailbroken now that I'm on 4.1?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

4. Sunday Shadows thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm I thought that's what I did. I updated and I was missing my settings icon so i deleted everything and restored from a previous sync and i got my icon back but not the AT&T carrier

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

that's where you messed up restoring from previous sync! puts back some JB stuff

Step 1 set phone up as new!
    Step 2 add Contacts music and Apps etc. via syncing but do not restore from your backup!

6. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

This really shouldn't be a big deal unless you're thinking of taking your phone in to the genius bar, right?

At least now you have a somewhat unique 4.1 iPhone, and can completely wipe it with a restore if you need to take it in.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

probably this: make sure the iTunes server is directed to Apple and not Saurik's server if you don''t care about updating your BB to the new one... It seems you left the BB from the older firmware since it would explain the change in name of carrier and stuff...

8. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

No it has nothing to do with the baseband. It's a setting leftover in the backup

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I see.... I read that he restored as new, but reading further into it, it appears he is not using the correct terminology to describe his problem and he actually updated from a backup after he restored as new, so yes of course this would be caused by a backup leftover!:)

OP Restore as NEW and don't use any of your old backups... Start fresh!

10. Sunday Shadows thread starter macrumors regular

Gotcha so ill have to manually redo all my contacts correct?

11. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

You have 2 options. If you have your SHSH blobs downgrade back to 4.0.1, rejailbreak, change the carrier name to default and then restore back to 4.1. The other option is to restore as new, but you'll lose your text messages, App data, contacts etc, unless you back them up some other way (Gmail sync etc)

12. Sunday Shadows thread starter macrumors regular