I upgraded. Hopefully will help some!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rcasa, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Rcasa macrumors newbie

Rcasa

Ok, I sold my ipod sunday. It was a 1st gen with 8gb. Now memory aside, I can honestly say there is a difference. The new ipod touch is incredibly faster. I don't mind the anything anymore. It was fun trying out all of these new things on the ipod. By the way, I now have the 3rd gen 32 gb. So add on the value of memory, it's completely worth it. Honestly not having to take your ipod out of the pocket to change volume, change song, or pause is amazing on it's own. I say making the upgrade is completely worth it.. yes the review was half assed. Sorry peeps.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

glad you're happy with your upgrade. I'm wondering, where do you use your ipod mostly at? Do you try and take it with you everywhere?

I have a 1Gen iPhone (unLocked) which I love playing with it, would love to upgrade for more storage and faster, but things are just too expensive on ebay or CL. So I'm thinking of maybe just getting a Touch.

3. Manikstor macrumors member

how much did u sell ur 8gb 1st gen ipod?

because my brother want's to buy it off me.. i told him 85$ but i might raise it up to 95$ or 100? idkk yet because i would like to get the 3rd gen he doesn't care about the model's or w.e he just wants a music player.

4. Rcasa thread starter macrumors newbie

Rcasa

I sold my ipod for $125. I have no idea how i managed but I did it ha ha. Anyway, I use my ipod everywhere. I'm usually on a college campus, at friends' houses, home, or taking bus and train. My ipod goes every where I do and I guarantee with the upgrade you'd be ecstatic. Also, I don't have a steady income so money can be "tight" for me. At first I was worried about paying over $400 (after taxes, a case, warranty, and shields) but honestly I don't regret wasting a single dollar.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Congrats on the new iPod. It's a great device. I loved my touch.

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

That depends on what generation/model :p

7. memo90061 macrumors regular

I sold my 1G 8gb iPod Touch in Mexico for 1500 pesos which is like 110 - 120 dollars.

I want the new iPod Touch!

8. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

I would say, it's very worth it if you upgrade from 1st Gen. But, I am still debating if it's worth to upgrade from 2nd Gen.

9. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

If you're upgrading to a 32gb/64gb...it might be. Less battery life but faster processor. :]

10. Rcasa thread starter macrumors newbie

Rcasa

Again, $125 for an 8gb 1st gen. Also, I almost want to say the new processor is worth it. The 2nd gen is nice, but with the new processor everything is like a new experience.

11. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Amazon needs to hurry up with the shipments! It's still in transit...it's been like that for 2 days...! Ship faster, I want to TOUCH it. >_<

I will probably sell my Ipod Touch 32gb 3rd Gen by September if a new one came out ^_^