I Upgraded to 2.1 and Glad I Did!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LoveTheTouch, Oct 9, 2008.

1. LoveTheTouch macrumors newbie

I have a ipod touch 1st generation, I have ITunes with recent version. I have playlists on my iPod and on my computer.

While in iTunes, the screen on the right would say I needed to upgrade to 2.1 for a good while now, I just never did..., it cost again to upgrade, so I waited to see if there were any problems. I upgraded and it said I would lose all my music, that did not sound good!

Took the chance on the new upgrade because I knew how to put my music back in from the ITunes Playlists from the lists I made on my computer, I was hoping it was going to work.

Once I upgraded, which took almost an hour (downloading and installing), when it was finished, I mean really finished, then I unplugged the iPod from the computer and looked at the iPod to see what I had.....No Music!

I plugged in the iPod again. It was syncing again. Still no Music!

Then I closed out iTunes, unplugged the ipod. Which I do not know if this worked, this is just what I did.

I opened ITunes again, my playlists were still there, this was where all my music was and I plugged my Ipod Touch into the computer and waited for my Ipod to show up on the computer in iTunes and then I dragged my music up to my iPod. Now, it was syncing all the music. I now have my music, but no playlists.

I have not figured out where the playlist went though, it is like it disappeared from the menu, I will keep looking. At least I have all the music I bought.

I just have to figure out how to find things.

It now plays the Applications I had downloaded like "lastfm" (radio station), which would not play on my old version.

I feel like I have a new iPod Touch! I am having to play with the iPod Touch to to see where everything is located and I am enjoying the music!

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

If you had to drag your music onto your iPod then I'm guessing you have it set to manually manage your music. To put your playlists on there, simply drag the playlist you created in iTunes onto your iPod and it should work.