I visited the Mothership!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by tdbmoss, May 23, 2016.

1. tdbmoss macrumors regular

tdbmoss

Totally offtopic I know, but just thought I'd share with you guys - I recently did a three week trip to California (I'm from the UK) and guess where I decided I had to see... :D

Looking up to the main entrance from the street:

Apple campus (2).jpg

Apple campus (3).jpg

Round the back:

Apple campus (14).jpg

Inside the Store - if you went a few years ago this will look different, they have made it more like a normal Apple Store now except that it doesn't have a Genius Bar and it sells the branded merchandise that isn't available at any of the other stores in the world or online. One of the guys in there also pointed out the fact that it is the only Apple Store in the world that has a fitting room (hidden behind the door that is in the back left of the picture):

Apple campus (8).jpg

I was wavering about whether to buy one or not, but eventually decided it was a long way to come back if I changed my mind (and a really cool guy that I chatted to in there helped convince me, which I guess is his job!), so ended up making the "Crazy One" my newest Apple product (not that would be hard given that I don't own many which aren't deemed "Obsolete" :D):

Apple campus (10).jpg

Apple campus (17).jpg

2. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

I envy you your visit, as impressive as "One Infinite Loop" appears, as a mother ship it could be docked at Apples new home base and it would probably go unnoticed.

3. oi! Suspended

What's at the other end of Infinite Loop?

;)

4. Daniël Oosterhuis macrumors 6502a

Daniël Oosterhuis

The servers with the PPC version of Snow Leopard, duh :p

5. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Yeah, two years ago, it was different, and really cheesy. Very un apple and was disappointed. The shirts are fantastic!!

6. CapnDavey macrumors 6502

CapnDavey

nice photos I remember going into the first Apple store the week they opened they were offering the free 10.1 upgrade cd's I grabbed one