i-volution Holster from Vaja

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sWaltuo, Jul 13, 2007.

1. sWaltuo macrumors regular

Vaja just put these up on their website. There are two different i-volution holsters (pictured below) and three different classic pouches. They are by far the most beautiful cases for the iPhone out there! Check it out ..

www.vajacases.com

Attached Files:

2. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

They are beautiful. Can't say the same about the price!

I don't understand the holster though. The pivot isn't centered. How the heck does it hold up horizontally?

3. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Starting price is around $55.00, not bad considering my Treo i-Volution was around $125.00.

4. bostonte macrumors regular

Having bought six cases over the years from them I can say they sure are darn expensive -- but worth every penny. Waiting for my iPhone one now (this makes my 7th order).

5. sWaltuo thread starter macrumors regular

That is great to hear seeing as i threw down around $200 for a holster and a pouch (couldn't decide which i liked more) ..

One question - with all the great reviews and stress test the iPhone's glass has been put through, do you still think it necessary to buy a invisibleSHIELD? since it is the only exposed part of the phone that isn't covered w/ the leather ..

And Johns ... I think the case is designed not to hold up horizontally but to hang vertically (even though the clips do rotating 360 degrees)

6. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

That's bringin' sexy back, yeah! It makes my Belkin clear case looks so cheap all of a sudden.

I would absolutely buy that IF there was full coverage. When I pull the phone out of the holster, I would want coverage because it's susceptible to scratches bare. Maybe there'll be a case that fits like skin on the iPhone so that we can have the best of both worlds: full coverage plus a pretty case.

7. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

On iDay I plopped down an extra $100+ also because I couldn't decide. Now I'm just using one of the two.

8. imwoblin macrumors 6502

I also have spent a bundle on Vaja cases over the years and agree they are absolutely worth the money. I do have a question though, according to the website the case has an opening for the speaker but the pictures look like the speaker is covered. Anybody know fo sure? It would be very strange for a company of Vaja's caliber to cover the speaker and make the case less functional.

9. imwoblin macrumors 6502

After looking closely at the pics on Vaja's site it does look the speaker is accessible.

10. chtrho51 macrumors newbie

ehh not my type of case. But why are they so expensive?

11. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

12. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

What is it that takes 25 days? Only if you want text or a graphic lasered on it?

13. coolbreeze macrumors 65832

They are hand made by order, so yours is assembled when you order it. They are very nice cases, but I don't like how it covers the speaker and mike somewhat. I need every bit of sound I can get from the speakerphone.

14. Okiewan, Jul 13, 2007
    Last edited: May 14, 2013

Okiewan macrumors member

15. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

it's a nice holster but...it's still a holster. Not going to help you much if you accidentally drop the phone when it's out of the holster and being used.

16. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

That sucks. I was thinking about getting one. Not going to wait a month to get a case.

17. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

I was going to get it without the belt clip and just use it as the case?

18. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Sure, and it is very nice looking...the exposed top corners of the phone in that case worry me though.

I understand that some people are ok with that, but it would concern me.