Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I was at line at 9:30AM, WAITED 7 AND A HALF HOURS and got the one I wanted. Sorry Pal, but show up 2 hours before an Apple product launch and to expect to get something is "taking at hugh chance" and you came up short.

No symphony here. :(

bmat

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2004
East Coast, USA
I think the hard thing was that they either didn't know or weren't willing to tell people early enough about how many they had. But probably they wanted the lines to be there, and anything like that would have discouraged people from lining up at the back.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
The reason there were no pre-orders is because Apple did not want another Verizon iPhone fiasco where the lines were non-existent. They wanted people to come to the Apple Store and build up the frenzy for iPad 2. Sounds like it worked.

It sucks that some of you did not get what you wanted but with the crisis in Japan and civil war in Libya, you should not expect much empathy.

tigert07

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Does anyone know if the stores will be getting shipments every day? I waited in line and did not get anything.

I was told everyday. she also strongly hinted more would be coming today. they know how big the demand is. they'd be crazy not having these things pumped out asap and sent to consumers.

JohnMcKee

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
It appears each store did things very differently, in dallas two people came through the line and handed out claim tickets and put your order into an iPhone. Each claim ticket had a tear off at the bottom that looked like it was attached to a specific iPad and showed which iPad model it was for. Granted it would have been nice for them to give out the tickets earlier than they did for people that were in the back of the line but I don't think anyone was surprised by the time they got to the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.