iOS I wanna see how much the iPhone can take

EducationApp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
What do you think I should implement to see how hot I can get an iPhone to go. Just for fun, I want to see how well the different IOS devices can take the same load. What do you think I should try to essentially overload the processor?

EducationApp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
So even if I throw a loop with some GPS coordinates that it has to find on a map and set directions and have some animations all going on at the same time, it won't overload it?

zedzeek

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2011
It would be quite easy to do. IOS shouldnt be able to stop it, just do a large loop in some fragment shader with plenty of memory operations. The device will get hot & as a certain temperature is reached I assume will just cut out. Dont blame me if you screw your device though. I doubt very much apple will let you publish such an app on their site though :D

Suspended
May 1, 2010
California
I'm no expert, but don't we already have heavy graphics games that do just that? and the device doesn't shut down or overheat.

Given the problems of the past with notebooks catching fire, I think they've got these kinda problems worked out. Example, the storage is no longer an actual hard disk, it's now a 'ram disk' no moving parts.

I just don't see how you could do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.