I want a black MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jshelton, Jun 1, 2010.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

Is it still possible to find any generation of the black MacBooks that are new?

If not, where is the best place to find used or refurb besides eBay?

2. 301finest macrumors regular

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

You're not going to find one. eBay, Craigslist... that's about it.

Now if you REALLY want one in black (or any color, for that matter) check out ColorWare — they sell computers in multiple colors... for a price. But you can customize it however you'd like, using whatever colors you want.

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Haha, love the sig. Anyhow, I would love to see them do a black aluminum MB/MBP. That would be pretty sick.

5. Dify macrumors member

6. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I thought Apple already made a black aluminium MBP. I think the last MacBook model to be available in aluminium/black was in 2008.

7. Adam0306 macrumors regular

Adam0306

The last year for the Black MB was 2008. The year I got my white one. Seriously wrong choice for the White one.

8. BadgerMac macrumors regular

I'm just about to put one on eBay myself. The wife went back to PC (missed Windows and wanted a numeric keypad on the keyboard - I know, I know...)

They dont' seem to be that expensive out there. Still got Applecare on mine and they just replaced the whole display assembly and top case as a courtesy so we'll see how much mine gets. Some people are paying WAY TOO MUCH for them out there.

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Apple don't sell blackbooks no more. But you should be able to get one on eBay :D

10. novicenerd macrumors newbie

You could always just buy a new white macbook and get a black cover for it. :)

11. BipolarNick macrumors newbie

I have a black macbook in fantastic condition. I am looking to get a macbook pro so I was considering selling it. Bought it in early 09 when the last gen's were made. If you are interested, email me liparinj@gmail.com

I'm a college student at University of Cincinnati, great macbook, but wan't something newer for future years.

12. headphase macrumors newbie

That's what I did;)

13. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pictures?

14. headphase macrumors newbie

The cover is still waiting to be shipped. (Got it off amazon)

15. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

You could also get a black skin for a MacBook Pro (I think).

16. nineohtoo macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

Does anyone know if the 9400m logic boards(last white ones before unibody) will fit in the x3100 BlackBooks?

It would be a nice option for those who still want a black MacBook without having something so that may lose support. Plus, in case my computer has any issues, I'd like to be able to extend its life with something a little better.