All iPads I want a Gold iPad with a Black face!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LucasLand, Oct 22, 2014.

1. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

Why is it that any color other than space grey has a white face? I think a gold iPad with a black face would be awesome! I can't stand the white face so i will always buy space grey.

2. greg555 macrumors 6502a

If you had the money you could buy both colors and get a tech to swap the bodies. Sell the other one on eBay as "very rare".

3. yinz macrumors 6502a

You're just going to put a case on it. Just get a gold case. Get some gold stickers to highlight the touch ID

4. AlterZgo macrumors member

5. addictzz macrumors 6502

or black face with white back. But the silver/white is sleek on its current color combo already. Anyway, does not hurt to add a little bit of color contrast.

6. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

7. LucasLand thread starter macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

thats what i'm talking about. that looks sharp. no, i wouldn't have a cover on it

8. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

9. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

The buy your air 2 from colorware.com

----------

Or West Point

10. LucasLand thread starter macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

no i'm not. actually i'm a dallas cowboys fan. i just think with the colors they use they should offer gold with black face. it looks sharp and they have the parts right there

----------

colorer charges $349 to change the color. FORGET THAT!

11. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

Despite that picture, holding a gold one right now, the color comes off more rose/copper. And not as rich, very light or subtly muted looking. While not what I expected, it's not too flashy as I feared and the warmth of the color is a bit more pleasing to the eye than pure silver, gray. Not sure how black would compliment it.

12. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I think black and gold would look really good. Most pictures of black and gold look bad because they're using the wrong gold– yellow gold. I did a quick photoshop a few weeks ago to see how it would look in the lineup. Of course, a black and gold iPhone would eventually make for a black and gold iPad.
    [​IMG]
    I'm expecting Apple to do something with the exterior of the 6s, and it's probably going to be some color option because it's the most consumer facing difference. I was imagining how it would be if they only offered two metal finishes: Gold and Silver, with a choice of either white or black fronts. It would let them offer 4 instead of 3 colors, but actually simplifying production. In addition to the new black and gold, there will be the black and silver, a classic iPhone look that matches the computers.

13. jayiw macrumors regular

Man that Black/Gold iP6 looks amazing!

14. macduke Suspended

macduke

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the gold models, but the black with gold looks much classier.

15. loox macrumors newbie

The Diana Ross edition.

16. HenryDJP macrumors 603

That looks just awful.

17. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Well, I try to be sensitive because everyone's different, but......that just looks so tacky.

18. flur macrumors 68000

You're not trying hard enough.

19. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I know, but I wanted to share my opinion on it. I'm surprised Apple doesn't offer a black model since people would like. Just because I think it's tacky doesn't mean thousands/millions more wouldn't love it.

20. AdonisSMU, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Gross. I mean really gross. I want another black option but not gold. Maybe copper or steel or some other metallic type color.

21. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

That gold and black ip6 looks amazing. Can you do a cobalt blue ip6 Photoshop? There were rumors of the cobalt blue color but I don't know why it didn't happen. Would love to see how cobalt blue would look like with a white and black front.

Attached Files:

22. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

It's the wrong shade of gold... Remember when everyone was rendering the gold iPhone before and they were all hideous before it was released? Apple will not release a trifling looking device

23. Nozuka macrumors 68000

i'd love to see more colors. i'd probably take a green one like this:

[​IMG]