I want a holster!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by GreggM3, Jul 6, 2010.

1. GreggM3 macrumors 6502

I used my 3GS naked with a simple holster and it was perfect. I also had a otter box and a seidio case holster combo. I really wish someone would come up with a holster that could accommodate a case or the bumper! I hate putting the phone in my pocket all the time because it does attract lint and dirt. During working hours in dress pants it's fine but the bumper drags on denim.

2. GreggM3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I want something like the Seidio holster but I have 2 of them at home that have broken top spring clips. I finally bought the holster from AT&T for the naked 3GS and it was great.

3. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I used the Seidios for a while, but like above, the clips failed and I couldn't use it with most cases on the phone (other than theirs and slim back).

I then used various other side leather/other holster, but recently came across http://www.agfindings.com/products/tan-u-universal-pouch

Very easy to slip into and out of with or without a case, and holds tight onto pants/belt.

My 2 cents...

4. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

Are there any other holsters available much like the leather one posted above? I am interested in seeing what is available.

5. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I used the Seidio spring clip holster with my 3GS. Loved it and no problems. $29.95 is a little steep for just a holster, but it's the best holster out there IMO. Holsters make for ease of access. And not geeky or out of style IMO. I am patiently awaiting the release of the iPhone 4 spring clip holster. I emailed Seidio customer service on June 29th and they said it will be available in the next few weeks, so it's coming soon.

6. walds11 macrumors 6502a

That holster ain't bad. Does it hold the device well? Snug or rattle in the case? Reason I ask is that it is a universal pouch for medium sized devices. How does the synthetic material look and feel? I like the magnetic enclosure. Most leather holsters use a velcro enclosure which is very cheesy. I have used the DLO HipCase. Very nice holster, but hate the velcro enclosure.

http://www.dlo.com/products/view/HC_iphone

7. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Seido had replaced a broken holster for me when the clip failed after ~ 6 months. Free shipping to boot.

8. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

It holds the phone well naked or with a case on. The sides and flap are elastic.

One thing I did notice is a small circular "patch" on the inside. It must be covering the rivet attaching the clip. It is very thin and sits right in the middle. Not a big issue, but some cases seem to get caught up on it as you I pull the phone out. I plan to let them know; they should hide this behind the leather.

What also makes a very nice, slim, light-weight holster comes from Verizon. It is made for the Droid, but works great for this phone. You may have a problem with a thicker case on the iPhone, though. Somewhat ironic using a Vzw Droid case for the iPhone. :)

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&accessoryId=44077

9. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I am not crazy about synthetic leather cases. They look and feel very cheap.

10. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Search for Naztech cases. They are leather and very nice.

11. Willin33 macrumors newbie

Eddie Bauer Magnetic Holster Temporarily Screwed up my phone

FYI - I bought the Eddie Bauer leather holster w/ a magnetic closure at Best Buy and I used it for 1 day w/ the new Iphone 4. The next day whenever I pressed the turn-off button, the turn off sounds made this awful echoing noise for about 2-3 seconds. Whenever I received a message or an alert that day, same thing occurred. Didn't matter whether was using phone speaker vs. headphones - same effect. Nothing else was affected - played music / phone worked / etc, but it was discouraging none-the-less.

So I performed a system reset and the problem resolved.

For whatever reason, it appears the magnet on this holster corrupted some of the sound files. Who knows what other files it could have corrupted had I not discovered the problem early.

I'm never using a magnetic latch holster again (as appealing as they may are) and I wouldn't encourage anyone else too either.

12. Drlyman macrumors newbie

Love these

A little expensive, but worth it to me. I have 3 of them, sized differently depending on which phone/case I'm using at the time. I got all of mine with the belt clip, but there are other options. They do have one fit for the phone and bumper.

http://tuff-as-nuts.com/Belt-Cases-for-Apple.aspx

13. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Wow, the Tuff as Nuts belt cases are nice, but expensive. No horizontal case though.

14. deeddawg macrumors 604

Be creative.

For my 3GS I use a Blackberry Bold 9650 holster. ~$8 on ebay for the OEM Blackberry branded one. Works great with an Incipio Feather on my 3GS. Probably would work fine for an iphone4 as well depending on how big a case you have on it.

15. SAL8116 macrumors regular

SAL8116

16. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I will concur with this statement. Picked up a body glove leather pouch for my iPhone 4 and the magnets had some kind of reaction to the sim slot and made the phone error with no sim for days until I got a replacement.

17. extrachrispy macrumors regular

extrachrispy

The Case-Mate "Universal Smartphone" holsters at Wal-mart work with both Bumpers and with a Belkin Grip Vue. Suede-like lining, vertical belt clip, friction retention (open top).