I Want A Macbook!

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 25, 2006
hi, im 15 and i am saving up for a macbook. ive never owned an apple computer and i was wondering if you all could help me. i havent seen them in person but from the pictures, the black looks like a dell. does the white show dirt easily? also what is the difference between a superdrive and a combo drive? :confused: finally, does AOL run on macs?

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
A superdrive can burn discs while a combo drive can only play them

the blackbook doesn't look like a dell at all (does dell even make black laptops?). They look more like the old black powerbooks if anything.

White will show dirt more easily, especially where your hands lie. It's the nature of white. If you keep up and clean it though, this shouldn't be a concern.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
celebrian23 said:

eh wrong wrong wrong

a superdrive can burn both CDs and DVDs, a combo drive can burn CDs and can only play DVDs can not burn them

condor

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2004
celebrian23 said:
Just to clarify, a superdrive can both burn and play DVD's and CD's, while a combo drive can burn and play CD's, but only play DVD's (no DVD burning). And yes, AOL is available for Mac's.

Fiveos22

macrumors 65816
Nov 20, 2003
celebrian23 said:
the blackbook doesn't look like a dell at all (does dell even make black laptops?). They look more like the old black powerbooks if anything.

I just bought a blackbook and holy crap does it look like a Lombard Powerbook.

I don't know whether I like that fact yet or not, however, from experience with white Apple products, I'm hoping the blackbook hides dirt better (which would make me forget about the oldschool power book look entirely).

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
The old powerbooks are actually my favorite- particularly the pismo! So I actually love this fact about the blackbooks. And remember, the blackbooks are matte not glossy! Another reason they don't look like PCs. I know in pictures they can look like PCs, but when I finally saw a blackbook in person, you won't think that anymore.

Acehigh

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2006
JohnnyQuest said:
hi, im 15 and i am saving up for a macbook. ive never owned an apple computer and i was wondering if you all could help me. i havent seen them in person but from the pictures, the black looks like a dell. does the white show dirt easily? also what is the difference between a superdrive and a combo drive? :confused: finally, does AOL run on macs?

It looks like an IBM (now lenovo ) ThinkPad if anything.. but thinner, when i get mine i will post a picture of them side by side.

But it really does look like an APPLE... look at the big apple logo on it! and the funky keys

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
AOL for the Mac is something i had way back when right before we upgraded to broadband ... the software isn't that good to be honest, but i never really loved AOL.