Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jas9

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2016
Hello guys,

I have a problem of extremely sensitive eyes. I cannot look at any screen that is not matte (anti-glare). My current laptop has a matte screen and my iPhone has a matte screen cover. I still find it hard to look at my iPhone's screen for longer than 5 minutes even with a matte screen cover so putting a matte screen cover on a Macbook is not a solution for me. The only thing that is stopping me from buying a Macbook is that it doesn't come with a matte screen. I know Macbooks were coming with matte screen until a few years ago and I don't want an older model.

What are my options here? May buy a new Macbook and get the screen replaced to a matte screen? Or will I have to live the rest of my life without owning a Macbook?

Thanks!

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Go to the opticians and get a pair of glasses with the correct filter applied. If you take your MacBook with you they can help you.

Reactions: keysofanxiety

jas9

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2016
Go to the opticians and get a pair of glasses with the correct filter applied. If you take your MacBook with you they can help you.

I don't have a Macbook and I don't want to spend over a $1000 to buy something only to find out that I can't use it. There is no solution for my eyes. The closest thing to a solution for me is to have devices with matte screens. Hence, I need a Macbook with a matte screen.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
It will not happen.
[doublepost=1477940428][/doublepost]Your best option if you want a matte screen would be looking for a 15" 2012" MBP with the (highly coveted) anti-glare screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.